Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trandoshan Hunters?

Does anyone want any figures of the Trandoshan hunters featured in the season 3 finale? Personally, I want all 12 of them along with their hovercraft, but I doubt Hasbro will go that crazy. It would be awesome to see a few of them, though.

I've attached an illustration of all 12 Trandoshans featured in the two episodes. Dar and Garnac would probably be the most likely, but like I said, I'd buy figures of all of them:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trando_illo1.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	24741  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Clutch came out not too long ago with the VAMP. It never hit regular retail outlets since stores so heavily over-ordered the HISS V Tank and Snow CAT Wolfhound, but has been at Ross quite a bit, and will probably show up at other closeout stores like TJ Maxx soon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

But Chux, Big B's comment was about Star Wars, and you mentioned GI Joe figures. I don't get it. :notknowingistwicethedefeat:

I could see a scene box set with 4/5 figures (2 Trandoshans, Chewbacca, Ahsoka, a youngling) that might actually sell (especially if the Chewie looks like the CW cartoon style).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Count me in BigB, I would love to get a couple new Trandoshans!! Either carded separately, or thrown in with a battle pack with an animated Chewie and a youngling or 2 would be sweet. They could repaint the Bossk from the Slave 1 set (maybe make a new headsculpt or 2) and include the new Ahsoka instead of a youngling to cut the number of new figures down. If they put 2 Trandos (repaints/retools), Chewbacca (all new) and Ahsoka (repack) it would be sweet and fit the "battle pack mold" of mostly existing figures/molds.

Garnac and Dar I think make the most sense, since they could use Bossk's body, arms, and legs, but I'd love to see one of the stockier Trandos like Krix, Sochek, Gilas, or Clutch, just to change it up a bit. Now that I think about it, they are coming out with a Castas figure, so his body may work for these stockier guys too.

They actually based the hunting pod on some old GI Joe toy, so the connection is not too off.

I'm not sure we'll ever see these, but I would love Garnac. His crazy head feathers were really cool and distinctive, and he probably stands the best chance. Not to be racist, but I can't tell most of the others apart.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Not to be racist, but I can't tell most of the others apart.
    I have the same problem with clones, but they just keep making those guys.

Anyways, it looks like there are about 3 basic body types that the Trandoshans are based off of: short & stocky, tall & lean and a medium build. So I don't think us getting several of these guys is completely out of the question.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think BigB and Bel-Cam "got" it, though it may be a bit old for you, JJL. (Not an insult, just saying.) One of the more famous old-school Joes (Clutch) shares a name with one of the Trandoshans.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A Battle Pack or two of these guys would be AWESOME!
    I could see the "father" and "son" hunters (sorry, don't know the names) as individually carded characters and some of the others featured with a mini-vehicle or two.

Where'd you find that great illustration of them all, bigbarada?

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    A Battle Pack or two of these guys would be AWESOME!
    I could see the "father" and "son" hunters (sorry, don't know the names) as individually carded characters and some of the others featured with a mini-vehicle or two.

Where'd you find that great illustration of them all, bigbarada?
    It's from the episode guide on StarWars.com.

You're right, though . . . I could see them making a smaller version of the hunting pod and putting it in the deluxe line. That would be pretty cool.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The hunters should be made in proportion to the prey. I think two tranies would be good and maybe a third with a hover pod in a separate pack. But there's got to be a Chewy figure for 1 and maybe 1 of the other jedi that was witth ahsokah
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.