Hybrid View

I fixed Comic-Con!

Well, I fixed their website.

Well, I fixed their website's news.

Well, I fixed their website's news' RSS feed.

I've got their RSS feed as my first bookmark of the day so I don't miss out (and now on my phone), and for the last few weeks it's been not loading. Finally, yesterday when I had a spare few moments, I looked into it and found CCI's website has 2 other cons with working RSS feeds, so I wrote to them about SDCC's being down. I still haven't heard back from them, but today it's working again. So, I fixed Comic-Con.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dang! I thought you eased the lines to get in, created a better way to get tickets, ensured it's still fun for most of the whole family, made food buying convenient and tasty, somehow provided more space and access in the same location while also easing traffic in and out of parking and local visits, while still maintaining the fun atmosphere of fandom and collecting with a balance of Hollywood influence that's not taking-over controlling in style.

Oh, well. Thanks for the site work, too.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Dang! I thought you eased the lines to get in, created a better way to get tickets, ensured it's still fun for most of the whole family, made food buying convenient and tasty, somehow provided more space and access in the same location while also easing traffic in and out of parking and local visits, while still maintaining the fun atmosphere of fandom and collecting with a balance of Hollywood influence that's not taking-over controlling in style.
    If that stuff wasn't there, it wouldn't be Comic-Con. If you want a rinky-dink convention, "Anaheim Comic-Con" is coming up soon, that's just Wizard World LA in a new venue with a new name after they failed to produce it in '09.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anaheim tried to get the real Comic-Con.

In order to ease the mess, I propose they split "Comic-Con" from "Everything Else Con."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They have, it's around aisle 1000.

Comic- con would be just fine if it went back to what it was before around 2003 when the only thing that the Studios would show there where either Comic Book related, Sci Fi, Animation or Fantasy projects. Not Every New TV Show including Glee and Every Movie that Every Studio has planned to release for the next 2 years. When the Biggest booths on the Show Floor where Marvel, DC and Dark Horse!

And remember when the Badge was a piece of Art! Something that was actually drawn by a Comic Artist and the holder would have another piece on it that would complete the Look of the Badge!

I also really miss walking around the show floor and seeing all those Rare Comic Books. All those endless Toy Booths with stuff you haven't seen since digging them out of your Toy Boxes. Seeing aspiring Artist and Writers getting the work critiqued.

And also when the shows furthest influence in the City was just the Convention Center! You could actually walk into downtown and grab food and all you would see was just a hand full of people with a badge on or a costume. Bars and Restaurants weren't Closed to you for "Hollywood" Parties and if there was a Actor or a Director they would just be hanging in the Bars with you in Downtown.

I know I kinda rambled on here but I really miss the Comic-Con that was there when I started going to it in 1990 and died in 2003( Yeah... I remember the exact year) that I know myself and my friends have enjoyed.