Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I think JT meant that it was a given that he'd be a Saga Legend, but they'd keep him in the Vintage line as long as possible, to make more profit.

IIRC, also, the Darktrooper and one of the many black ROTS Clonetrooper repaints were Saga Legends, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It certainly makes more sense for Hasbro to include him in future Vintage Collection waves as a carry-forward figure. I would much rather see the Gamorrean Guard included than Darth Vader, Sand Trooper or the ROTS Clone Trooper again and again and again. I guess what I was saying is that it would make sense to include him as a Saga Legend in a year or 2 depending on how the Vintage Collection line continue.

I've got an idea for a question though it seems like the sort of thing that may be more appropriate to ask after Comic Con.

I was wondering what ever happened to the funeral pyre Vader Hasbro was shopping around as an exclusive. Since I take it that no one has snapped up the chance to distribute it (again, it may be best to wait and see what is shown at Comic Con) how about doing it as a mail in? We already saw you pull something like this off with the Qui Gon and Eepoie set which was probably as big if not bigger than the funeral set. It's also a good way to target it for collectors instead of the more kid-friendly avenue of the brick and mortar stores.

I dunno, it's just an idea. JT can feel free to play around with it and we'll see if anyone here votes for it (I for one would still really like to see this set). At the same time, it's also a pretty quick question that some one could ask in person at Comic Con outside of the whole Q&A format altogether.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Jt you just said specific figure questions like the fire fighting battle droid were to specific. if I give specific examples of phantom menace vehicles that would be too specific wouldn't it be ? Of course I mean the gungun sub pod racers the mtt and radiant 7 yahoo and whatever else I forgot. Now I wait for you to tell me that's too specific.
    No, those are EXAMPLES, hence REPRESENTATIVE of your thoughts, not specifically tied to them. That said, we've asked about all of them back when the brand was healthier and could support such releases, whereas now the brand is really in an odd place, there is no support for the "in the middle" vehicles between Starfighter and BMF-scale. The question becomes whether shrunken down versions like the Sith Infiltrator and Naboo Star Skiff can fit, and if they can't, what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    I've got an idea for a question though it seems like the sort of thing that may be more appropriate to ask after Comic Con.

I was wondering what ever happened to the funeral pyre Vader Hasbro was shopping around as an exclusive. Since I take it that no one has snapped up the chance to distribute it (again, it may be best to wait and see what is shown at Comic Con) how about doing it as a mail in? We already saw you pull something like this off with the Qui Gon and Eepoie set which was probably as big if not bigger than the funeral set. It's also a good way to target it for collectors instead of the more kid-friendly avenue of the brick and mortar stores.

I dunno, it's just an idea. JT can feel free to play around with it and we'll see if anyone here votes for it (I for one would still really like to see this set). At the same time, it's also a pretty quick question that some one could ask in person at Comic Con outside of the whole Q&A format altogether.
    You make a good point about Comic-Con for that, with it only 2 months away.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I totally vote for #10. I posed this in the "Dear Hasbro" section and erroneously referred to "Saga Legends" as "Legacy"-- but y'all knew what I meant!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

If it's not too late to vote on this round, I'd like to vote for #'s 3 & 10.

If it is too late, sorry, I've been a little busy the past few weeks.

Number 10 for me.

Question suggestion (it probably has been asked, or will be at some time...modify at will)

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas of the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Only a couple more days to vote in this round.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    If it's not too late to vote on this round, I'd like to vote for #'s 3 & 10.

If it is too late, sorry, I've been a little busy the past few weeks.
    Nope, still a few more days left in this round, so counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Question suggestion (it probably has been asked, or will be at some time...modify at will)

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas of the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now.
    I was literally in the editing process of adding that question when the door rang, it was the new Beastie Boys album I ordered just yesterday, but that's not important. What is important is that it gave me a moment to think, and I checked the assortment listings, the stupid Clone Trooper is on deck for the NEXT WAVE! There's zero chance they're going to pull it back when it's still shipping. And while the Saga Legends version is currently shipping, the next wave doesn't have it. So, as much as I want to ask your question, both for the specific example and the broader problem, it doesn't work for what we know they're doing right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How about:
    The Vintage Collection and Clone Wars lines have both gained a lot of traction with kids and adult collectors. Saga Legends (or Legacy, or Greatest Hits, or whatever it's called this week), however, needs a bit of work. It makes very little sense to concurrently release the same (or very similar) figures in Vintage and Legends packaging when the Legends figures cost as much as $2 less, depending upon the store. Fact is, no one is going to army-build Clonetroopers in Vintage packaging when the same figure is sitting right next to it, in different packaging, for less. Seriously, dude, adults don't want hundreds of f****ing Clonetroopers on their original card. And we all know that Hasbro's true purpose with the Star Wars line is to release the same Clonetrooper figure as many times as possible, sometimes with slight paint variations, both sanctioned and unsanctioned by Lucasfilm.

So we'd like to suggest (in lieu of a proper question this time around) that you scrap the Legends line altogether. In its place, a new third line of re-released figures would emerge: "Darth Vader and His Clonetrooper Friends," on kid-friendly packaging. The premise would be simple: Darth Vader plays fun games across the universe with all the Clonetroopers. Every single figure--and I mean every single figure--has a unique paint job, making each one collectible! You could toss in decals from other lines, like maybe Littlest Pet Shop (they do have some stupid kitty cat decals that can be slapped on a Clonetrooper, right?). And you'd sell quadrillions of figures, all to unsuspecting kids who want to collect them all and don't know that it's completely impossible! Great idea, right? You don't even have to pay us for it. That one's free. Though if you have Keira Knightley's phone number from when she posed for the Sabe figure, we wouldn't mind it if you passed it along to us. Just saying. She's a hottie.