Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I was literally in the editing process of adding that question when the door rang, it was the new Beastie Boys album I ordered just yesterday, but that's not important. What is important is that it gave me a moment to think, and I checked the assortment listings, the stupid Clone Trooper is on deck for the NEXT WAVE! There's zero chance they're going to pull it back when it's still shipping. And while the Saga Legends version is currently shipping, the next wave doesn't have it. So, as much as I want to ask your question, both for the specific example and the broader problem, it doesn't work for what we know they're doing right now.
    We can hope the newer Troopers have a corrected helmet. It would seem logical as this is a well known and discussed problem. Eliminating the regular Clone from future Legends assortments though will not help clear the defective Clone from the pegs simply because there is no other ROTS Clone to buy. These are "collector based" and any discerning collector (usually adults) will not buy them, especially at that price, when they are defective. What I'm getting at is a recall. A defective product should be recalled. Trying to suggest it in a nice way using their words in a previous response when they supposedly went around picking up Yarna because she wasn't selling. All the more reason to do the same for an inferior product with a higher price that is literally clogging up peg space. (I'll get a head count, or Clone count later from one particular Walmart, I was blown away at the amount I was seeing, and that's not the only one)

You could change the question to acknowledge those points you brought up, like:

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now. While future assortments of Legends may not have the ROTS Clone, and we would hope that future Vintage Collection ROTS Clone Troopers released have this discoloring problem resolved, as a collector based item with a more discerning collector willing to pay extra for a collector item, these Clones are not selling through and will still remain even if there is a lack of Legends Clones available. If a corrected Vintage Collection ROTS Clones from future assortments manage to make it to the pegs if there is enough room for them, these will still remain because people are simply not buying them. Any plans to resolve this issue?

If not I'll take number 6 as my other choice.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'll just vote for #9 please.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I'm not sure how much meat (pork?) the Gamorrean question has anymore, since JediNews got this response in their Q&A today:
    1) The Gamorrean Guard from the elusive Wave 3 is probably one of the most popular and hard to find figures in recent years. We are seeing some of the Wave 3 figures being repacked in later Waves plus some are also coming in the Revenge of the Sith line and we also appreciate that Wave 3 will ship again soon with Wedge (Assortment 11). However, the Gamorrean Guard is still only packed one per case and we all want more of them! What's the chances of reissuing this figure in a later wave but in greater numbers? Also, will the UK ever see Wave 3 released (still not had it)?

Unfortunately the Gamorrean Guard is not currently planned in any 2011 waves. We still hope to see wave 3 hit shelves in the UK.
    Also, other sites have said that they were able to coordinate their questions this time to make sure none were repeated. Were we not invited to the party?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

"We understand the demand for the Gamorrean Guard, but feed off the suffering of collectors. The anguish felt over the non-re-release of the Gamorrean Guard should be enough to raise Cthulu from the depths. Thanks for the question; we really do care! Have another Clonetrooper!"

I'll vote 9 & 10!
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I vote for questions 2 and 7. JT, is it possible just to roll 1 and 7 together? Especially since we are getting to vote on less questions and have a longer wait between answers. Besides, they are about the same product essentially. 2 birds, 1 stone y'know?

I don't know about the rest of you but here in Minnesota the Gamorean guard is pretty easy to find. In fact besides Stormtroopers and Clonetroopers all the Jabba henchmen are plentiful including the new Weequay, R2s, Luke (1st card) and Wicket. I missed out on the AOTC wave. All I ever found was that God awful Kit Fisto and Mace Windu. Had to order from HTS. As far as placing it in SL, that line all but exists here anymore as it gets thrown on the CW pegs and thus no one ever knows to order more. CW by the way sees an incredibly healthy rotation of new product despite this. I see the newest stuff all the time for that line. Hasbro has told us repeatedly that they have to bend over for retailers to compete for realestate. It's the retailers that have poor distribution and short order things. Especially durring their resets every spring where I miss out on whole waves of Star Wars and Transformers. Plus as I mentioned the stock people rushing to fill empty pegs with whatever they can find and mixing assortments or not caring at all. So, since I doubt Hasbro has sufficient staff or budget to have quality control police at a mass retail level the best we can really due is order online or network and pay the extra for shipping. I just can't justify paying $18 for a figure that costs $10 and as cool as these vintage figures are a lot of them are hardly worth the retail price. Sadly if a collector walks away it isn't gonna hurt the retailer who can make it up with other brands, groceries or appliances but it will hurt Hasbro who does everything they can to put a product in our hands.
    [FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]

JediNews.co.uk received an answer to a similar Gamorrean Guard question:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5059

1) The Gamorrean Guard from the elusive Wave 3 is probably one of the most popular and hard to find figures in recent years. We are seeing some of the Wave 3 figures being repacked in later Waves plus some are also coming in the Revenge of the Sith line and we also appreciate that Wave 3 will ship again soon with Wedge (Assortment 11). However, the Gamorrean Guard is still only packed one per case and we all want more of them! What's the chances of reissuing this figure in a later wave but in greater numbers? Also, will the UK ever see Wave 3 released (still not had it)?

Unfortunately the Gamorrean Guard is not currently planned in any 2011 waves. We still hope to see wave 3 hit shelves in the UK.
    Do you think our question is different enough that it could still be asked? Or maybe reworded some to account for this most recent answer?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

That really is kind of a bummer about the Gamorrean Guard. Still don't have one. Puzzling why when there is so much unwanted stuff on the pegs, and more on the way.

Just did a TVC ROTS Clone count at a Walmart (store # 5491) nearby. Out of 36 TVC figures there were 18 discolored ROTS Clones. Went to another Walmart and found some new figures. Not too many ROTS Clones, maybe 4 or 5, though the 4 case fresh Utapau Clones had discolored helmets too.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Question 10 struck. It got a negative response in the most recent answers.If you have voted for that one, consider yourself refunded 1 vote.

Super helpful as ever, Chux.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Any word on why we still don't have the last round's answers yet?
    No word on why, but we got the answers back today. I've posted them in the news.

Speaking of which, I don't have time today to gather up all the answers from the other sites in time to make sure we're not doubling up here, as tomorrow is my last day of packing up my collection to move it to my new place. If someone sees something that affects one of our questions here, please LMK, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    We can hope the newer Troopers have a corrected helmet. It would seem logical as this is a well known and discussed problem. Eliminating the regular Clone from future Legends assortments though will not help clear the defective Clone from the pegs simply because there is no other ROTS Clone to buy. These are "collector based" and any discerning collector (usually adults) will not buy them, especially at that price, when they are defective. What I'm getting at is a recall. A defective product should be recalled. Trying to suggest it in a nice way using their words in a previous response when they supposedly went around picking up Yarna because she wasn't selling. All the more reason to do the same for an inferior product with a higher price that is literally clogging up peg space. (I'll get a head count, or Clone count later from one particular Walmart, I was blown away at the amount I was seeing, and that's not the only one)

You could change the question to acknowledge those points you brought up, like:

Any thoughts on repeating the pulling back of certain collector targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, namely the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While it's understandable that you would do this in the past with some figures like Yarna that didn't sell through, with this particular figure you've got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive. Doubling the problem also is a defective discolored helmet. While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures, in many areas the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an alarming rate with many not seeing any restocking of figures for many months now. While future assortments of Legends may not have the ROTS Clone, and we would hope that future Vintage Collection ROTS Clone Troopers released have this discoloring problem resolved, as a collector based item with a more discerning collector willing to pay extra for a collector item, these Clones are not selling through and will still remain even if there is a lack of Legends Clones available. If a corrected Vintage Collection ROTS Clones from future assortments manage to make it to the pegs if there is enough room for them, these will still remain because people are simply not buying them. Any plans to resolve this issue?

If not I'll take number 6 as my other choice.
    I see. Framing it as a recall is an interesting idea. Under that concept, I think we could post that question to the voters. I'll add it and count your vote. LMK if my editing affected it negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm not sure how much meat (pork?) the Gamorrean question has anymore, since JediNews got this response in their Q&A today:

Also, other sites have said that they were able to coordinate their questions this time to make sure none were repeated. Were we not invited to the party?
    Thanks for letting me know about the Gamorrean answer. What a messed up situation. Remind me to ask them what's up wit dat when I see them at SDCC. Or, if anybody can think of a way to change the question a little to address their answer, LMK and I'll reinstate it for this round.

We were invited, but since I don't know what questions we're asking until the day we send them in - since YOU GUYS are the ones who decide which get asked through your votes - there's really no way I can see how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    JediNews.co.uk received an answer to a similar Gamorrean Guard question:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5059

Do you think our question is different enough that it could still be asked? Or maybe reworded some to account for this most recent answer?
    If you can think of a way to reword it, LMK. Until then, it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by RENDAR LIVES View Post
    I vote for questions 2 and 7. JT, is it possible just to roll 1 and 7 together? Especially since we are getting to vote on less questions and have a longer wait between answers. Besides, they are about the same product essentially. 2 birds, 1 stone y'know?
    I don't see how to put those 2 together cleanly, the Ahsoka FX question is somewhat kid-focused, which is different from #7's arguing for the adult collector.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This is the last day to get a vote in, at the end of Thursday I'm running the final tally and sending in our questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Just did a TVC ROTS Clone count at a Walmart (store # 5491) nearby. Out of 36 TVC figures there were 18 discolored ROTS Clones. Went to another Walmart and found some new figures. Not too many ROTS Clones, maybe 4 or 5, though the 4 case fresh Utapau Clones had discolored helmets too.
    See, that's what I was concerned about, I haven't seen a huge ROTS clone problem around here, so I was taking it on faith that it's a widespread problem. Hopefully the question can stand on its own legs anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.