Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This is the last day to get a vote in, at the end of Thursday I'm running the final tally and sending in our questions.
    I'll go ahead and use my refunded vote on #11. Thanks, if I can come up with a way to reword the Gamorrean question, then I'll post it. For now, I'm pretty satisfied with the answer given, since Hasbro seems to be aware that the figure is popular and deserves a rerelease.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'll refund my vote for 10 and vote for 11 as well, thanks!
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I aim to waste time.

My #10 will become #11 as well. #11 is the new #10, it appears.

Move me to question 11 as well.

...Or ask them about that stupid Wedge figure!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This is the last day to get a vote in, at the end of Thursday I'm running the final tally and sending in our questions.

See, that's what I was concerned about, I haven't seen a huge ROTS clone problem around here, so I was taking it on faith that it's a widespread problem. Hopefully the question can stand on its own legs anyway.
    Thanks JT. A recall might be extreme but it is a good solution for us.
    I went to another WM (#835) and they had 10 TVC ROTS Clones out of 39. Not as bad but I have seen more in other places. They continue to crank out discolored Clones and now more with the Utapau Trooper, and who knows about future assortments so surely they need to be reminded some are not happy about it.

I hang out here mostly (my first SW forum home) but other forums have mentioned the same problem (not framed in a Q&A yet though) So I think it is widespread. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar question is asked by others.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'll also vote for #11 in lieu of #10. Would it be possible to include other figures in the question - like Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar, 4-LOM, and the sandtrooper? They all seem to be pegwarming just as hard at various stores. If not naming them specifically, then perhaps an all-encompassing "and other pegwarming figures" could be added.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'll go ahead and use my refunded vote on #11. Thanks, if I can come up with a way to reword the Gamorrean question, then I'll post it. For now, I'm pretty satisfied with the answer given, since Hasbro seems to be aware that the figure is popular and deserves a rerelease.
    Yeah, like (insert into Question #11) when there are such excellent and very high demand TVC figures like the Gamorrean Guard which the collector base would really appreciate seeing instead of a discolored Clone.

Maybe a little harsh, but I guarantee if those 18 TVC Clones I saw at Walmart # 5491 were Gamorrean Guards, they would be gone in a few days if not hours.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'll vote for #11

I went to a TRU today and they had 2 full pegs of ROTS Clones with the bad helmets.
    The Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar and 4-LOM are big problems around here too. I worry that the Rebel Commando is destined to fill the pegs around here since he is being included as a carry-forward figure .

It seems odd that Hasbro understands that some people may want to army build the Commando (found in waves 3, 6, and 8*) and the Senate Guard (found in waves 4, 6, and 8*), but they didn't think the same would be true about the Gammorean Guard (wave 3 only thus far)...

*info from Entertainment Earth case assortments

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    ...Or ask them about that stupid Wedge figure!!!
    Please explain what you mean in the next round's thread, I am totally curious about what is stupid about that Wedge, besides the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Thanks JT. A recall might be extreme but it is a good solution for us.
    I went to another WM (#835) and they had 10 TVC ROTS Clones out of 39. Not as bad but I have seen more in other places. They continue to crank out discolored Clones and now more with the Utapau Trooper, and who knows about future assortments so surely they need to be reminded some are not happy about it.

I hang out here mostly (my first SW forum home) but other forums have mentioned the same problem (not framed in a Q&A yet though) So I think it is widespread. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar question is asked by others.
    I hit my local WM for the first time in a while tonight (traffic home was thick, so I took surface streets which go near there), and they had a ton of defective Clones, so you are good on that one. Target seems to have not gotten as many problems there, they still have Endor Troopers and Cloud Car Pilots and Dengars. In any case though, the fact that the Clone keeps going out defective, either with old degraded dye in the PVC hopper, or a bad mix, or even acid in the machines assaulting the PVC, they should have been on top of that (not that it matters in my book, that figure is fugly all around and the helmet was too big to begin with, never should have seen such a widespread release).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'll also vote for #11 in lieu of #10. Would it be possible to include other figures in the question - like Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar, 4-LOM, and the sandtrooper? They all seem to be pegwarming just as hard at various stores. If not naming them specifically, then perhaps an all-encompassing "and other pegwarming figures" could be added.
    The question already did mention "certain collector-targeted figures", but I think there's room to expand that into the first part since so much of the rest of the question drives the clone issue home.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I went to a TRU today and they had 2 full pegs of ROTS Clones with the bad helmets.
    The Cloud Car Pilot, Dengar and 4-LOM are big problems around here too. I worry that the Rebel Commando is destined to fill the pegs around here since he is being included as a carry-forward figure .

It seems odd that Hasbro understands that some people may want to army build the Commando (found in waves 3, 6, and 8*) and the Senate Guard (found in waves 4, 6, and 8*), but they didn't think the same would be true about the Gammorean Guard (wave 3 only thus far)...

*info from Entertainment Earth case assortments
    An excellent point. The spread on the Commando is ludicrous, that poor figure has been pegwarming since day 1, it doesn't deserve to, but at $9-$10, nobody seems to want it (kinda common problem with Rebel troopers in general actually, they don't army-build the way Imps do). Returning it to rotation at 6 and 8 suggests someone is asleep at the wheel, especially with the Gamorrean being one of the few figures to sell through harder in this rather weak line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who participated. Here are the questions we're sending in this round:

• 1) Any thoughts on pulling back certain collector-targeted figures that have built up at retail over the last year, such as the Sandtrooper, Dengar, 4-LOM, the Endor Trooper, the Cloud Car Pilot, and especially the Vintage Collection ROTS Clone? While in the past with some figures like Yarna it was just that they were ordered hard and didn't sell through, with this particular Clone you've also got a Legends ROTS Clone next to it on the pegs that is less expensive, and many of the Vintage ROTS Clone have a defective, discolored helmet (even after the missing paint problems were addressed). While there is the usual peg warming status of a few figures causing a lack of new figures for the last 6 months, in many areas the build up of the TVC ROTS Clone is reaching an even more alarming rate. While future assortments of Legends may not have the ROTS Clone, and we would hope that future Vintage Collection ROTS Clone Troopers released have this discoloring problem resolved, as a collector based item with a more discerning collector willing to pay extra for a collector item, these Clones are not selling through and will still remain even if there is a lack of Legends Clones available. Any plans to resolve the pegwarming problems in TVC, and especially the portion of that issue caused by the defective Clone?
    • 2) Given previous answers from Hasbro that a Cane Adiss figure was not off the table, and then the character showing 10th in the most recent Fans Choice poll, it certainly seems like eventually we'll probably get a Cane Adiss figure at some point down the road. With that in mind, has the Hasbro Star Wars team given any thought to how Cane, the largest character in the Fans Choice poll, could be realized as a product since he undoubtedly wouldn't fit on the current basic card - would it be a battle pack, a mail-away, an exclusive for Toys R Us (a good tie-in to the giraffe-themed retailer)? And has there been any discussion on a "whole creature" design for Adiss similarly to how the team extrapolated a fully-realized design for aliens like Dice Ibegon that were only prop puppet heads? Obviously we're not expecting Lucasfilm approval on any ideas you guys might have yet, but preliminarily, what does the Hasbro team feel a Cane Adiss figure would look like?

Look for a new round of voting soon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.