Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Happy cinco de mayo!!!

I'd usually go out to our favourite AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurant (yes, I'm a snob LOL) on the 4th 'cos the 5th is just too crowded anymore, but I couldn't this year. Can't go after the 5th 'cos they are out of EVERYTHING!!!

But I'm making some crappy tacos this evening and stopping at the supermercado for some guacamole and making some Margaritas.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I might just do Del Taco tonight. Authentic? No. Cheap? Yes.

Unfortunately my grown-up responsibilities will preclude any festivities. Really, who schedules a parent orientation meeting on one of the biggest party nights of the year?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Biggest non-holiday ever.

Mexico's "independence"? LOL
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Dude, they beat the French! That calls for celebration! Sacre bleu!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Biggest non-holiday ever.

...along with St. Patrick's Day. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Dude, they beat the French! That calls for celebration! Sacre bleu!!!
    I could trip over my shoelaces and defeat the French.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    ...along with St. Patrick's Day. LOL
    Oh, don't get me started on St. Patrick's Day. Just another excuse to get drunk.... pathetic..... real men don't need an excuse.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Oh, don't get me started on St. Patrick's Day. Just another excuse to get drunk.... pathetic..... real men don't need an excuse.
    Amen!! LOL

Sorry BigB, Mexican Independence Day is September 16. El Drinko de Mayo is completely different. It's the first of many surrenders for the French.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I think that's why he had the quote marks and "LOL."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And I love those who call the day before it "Cinco de Cuatro." Let's all celebrate the Third of the Fourth, come July!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(