Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Kmart exclusive B-wing Fighter

Sandtroopers posted a small gallery of a vintage-boxed B-wing with what appears to be a modern mold and "Kmart exclusive" sticker on the box art and some prototypes as well. I bet it's just the 2008 version with the new cockpit, but painted in ROTJ colors. It's odd that it's a Kmart exclusive, as that likely means the price will be nuts, but it'll be nice to have a movie B-wing out there again.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Dude, you are too much. "K-Mart exclusive B-Wing Fighter." That's a good one.

Wait, you're serious? There's pictures. Dang, you are serious.

Why is K-Mart still around? Their selection reeks, the prices are laughable (often with "clearance" prices higher than anyone else's normal prices), and I think there's not a single one that's not within a mile of a Wal-Mart, Target, or both. The only time I even go in are when there are killer sales, which is infrequent, and which I know they're not making profit on. I never see more than a handful of other people. The employees who were actually worth anything jumped ship long ago, and now it's some of the rudest arses in retail.

In the time since I first expected K-Mart to close its doors completely, we've lost KB Toys, FAO Schwarz, CompUSA, Mervyn's, Circuit City, and likely soon Borders. How is K-Mart still afloat? What supreme being are they collectively sleeping with?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not sure how they're around, either. Though the issues they have now have been around for as long as I can remember (though they were probably better before that). With Star Wars exclusives, they're usually just repacks or repaints, and that trend continues here, so it's not that surprising. It is somewhat surprising that they're getting something this big, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Odd timing on this, not horrible but just seems like a weird release window after the EU one, but not really special to "now".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Incredibly surprising they'll be getting their own vehicle, but it's cool to see the B-wing getting some love. Bet it'll be about $60, though, from a combination of K-Mart's expected ludicrous markup and everything just shooting up in price in general.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    How is K-Mart still afloat? What supreme being are they collectively sleeping with?
    Lay-away. I think Wal-Mart attempting to classy themselves up by doing away with it helped K-Mart significantly since they're the only ones that have lay-away now, aside from TRU's program for really expensive items. At least, that's my best guess.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

How is K-Mart still afloat? What supreme being are they collectively sleeping with?
    Well, they're linked with Sears. Most cultures have a seer group or individual who can interpret the deity's wishes, and perhaps they are seeing a resurgance in poor quality, selection, and service.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'll probably take a special trip out to K-Mart to look for this. I gave my POTJ B-Wing away to my nephews about 8 years ago and I didn't bother with the EU version. So I could use one to go with my 2008 A-Wing and 2009 TIE Interceptor.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Why is K-Mart still around?
    K-Mart exists for the sole purpose of employment of the uneducated and incompetent.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I have been waiting for a ROTJ B-wing. I will buy this if I can find it. I will pay $60 even though that is high. ROTJ is my favorite of the three movies.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I am also very excited about an ROTJ B-Wing. It was the first and only Star Wars vehicle I owned as a kid (born in 84 so Only the really terrible stuff was still on the pegs by the time I got into it) and this would actually have some sentimental value to me. Though, the TRU Dagger Squad B-Wing was $35 so I don't know that I'd go up to $60. I understand that things are more expensive than they were 3 years ago but TRU and KMart are both at the higher end of the price scale for exclusives so I think $40-$45 would be about the max. Anyway, still very excited.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.