Thread: New Tauntaun

Hybrid View

New Tauntaun

As revealed in the Sandtroopers.com forums, there's a new Tauntaun coming. Based on Luke's steed, it appears to have ball-jointed "shoulders" and ankles, standard articulation at the head and legs, and a removable harness. Hopefully it will come with a Hoth Luke that can actually ride it!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Nice! Looks like they skipped the silly action feature this time around, so a re-release as Han's tauntaun would be a possibility.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This is terrific! I really feel like the creatures are part of what make Star Wars so special and have been getting the long end of the shaft for years now (with the exception of the recent Dewback). My only gripe is the mouth being sculpted so wide open like it's trying to catch snowflakes on its tongue as it runs. Otherwise, the added articulation makes this a great piece. I'm gonna have to get a couple of these!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Nice find. Very cool. Looks like they intend to reuse it as Han's because the left horn (the broken one) is shot on a different mold than the rest of this test shot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It looks beautiful!! I can't wait!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm glad this has finally been redone, but it would have been more in line with what Hasbro released last year, given that they were in a decidedly and thankfully Hoth-centric mood.