Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I could've sworn they promised more "newness" in any upcoming sets. I guess they just meant more recent reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I could've sworn they promised more "newness" in any upcoming sets. I guess they just meant more recent reissues.
    They must have been talking about the sets that are coming after these sets.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    They must have been talking about the sets that are coming after these sets.
    I hope so. Part of me is afraid they consider the kit-bashed Imperial officer as "new".
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Found these, but, while the vintage packaging looks cool, decided against buying these repacks. And they're STILL on the pegs three weeks after I first saw them.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    I hope so. Part of me is afraid they consider the kit-bashed Imperial officer as "new".
    How is it different? It just looks like the 2009 Captain Needa figure to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    How is it different? It just looks like the 2009 Captain Needa figure to me.
    Frankly, it looked the same to me but some sites I had read said it was kit-bashed and since I haven't seen a loose photo I just took their word for it. I will say this, if they do begin to introduce some newness in these sets, it had better be in all of the figures in the set. I really do not appreciate buying two old figures for one "new" one.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Frankly, it looked the same to me but some sites I had read said it was kit-bashed and since I haven't seen a loose photo I just took their word for it. I will say this, if they do begin to introduce some newness in these sets, it had better be in all of the figures in the set. I really do not appreciate buying two old figures for one "new" one.
    The only reason these sets are as cheap as they are is because they are just repacks with no new tooling required. If every figure was all-new or even partially new, then it would likely force the price up to the $25-$30 range.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The only reason these sets are as cheap as they are is because they are just repacks with no new tooling required. If every figure was all-new or even partially new, then it would likely force the price up to the $25-$30 range.
    Which I'd pay if there was some newness across the set. I'm not even considering them now with repacks and I'd still find it frustrating if one figure was all/partially-new and the others were something like a Vader and Han Solo (figures no one needs more of).

Which I'd pay if there was some newness across the set. I'm not even considering them now with repacks and I'd still find it frustrating if one figure was all/partially-new and the others were something like a Vader and Han Solo (figures no one needs more of).
    Ditto. I've passed on all of these because I just don't care about rehashed figures in different packaging. I got one or two of the vintage versions when I was younger, but it was because I didn't have (or had lost) the figures in it.

I've been ignoring these sets for the most part except for the recent 3-pack with the Hoth Trooper. As it is, Leia and 2-1B are still in the package, I've only removed the trooper. However, I WILL definitely be buying the upcoming Bossk/IG-88/Snowtrooper set, even though I've bought all three of those figures several times over the last 4 years. I don't buy figures to keep MOC/MIP very often, but I will make exceptions when I think the figures are good enough to warrant multiple purchases.