Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Remember, these sets in the Kenner days WERE re-packs. They were ways to get 3 at a time, or army build. I guess we shouldn't be surprised. My problem has been that I don't want to army build and I usually have the figures already. But I'll wait and see.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Isn't this about the time of year that Target drops these type packages? I see pegs full, but few leaving in customers' carts. :handwave: You will put red sale stickers on these toys...

They're on sale for a few weeks for $17.99. It's not a lot, but it's something.

It used to be that Target would clearance their exclusives almost as soon as they got them. The fact that they're still holding onto the Clone Wars four-packs from last year and only just putting them on sale (also at $17.99) is strange. They used to get the Order 66 sets out relatively quickly, but they're holding onto both years' worth of Geonosis Arena Showdown sets like nobody's business. The Special Action Figure Sets are all in the same SKU, so as long as they keep making them, they'll likely keep them on the same number, meaning they won't be clearanced any time soon.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

They've got armies of last year's GIJoe figures. You think the Dengars and 4-LOMs clogging their shelves are bad, go halfway down the aisle and count the number of Arctic Destros. Then count the other GIJoes, if there are any. If there are any, and it's anyone other than Zartan in Raptor Disguise, consider yourself extremely lucky.

This week, they're $2 off (down to $17.99). Still not enough for me.

I ended up getting all six on sale. The packs with Vader and Chewie seem to be selling the best, followed by the Luke one. So if nothing else, these could be functioning as pretty good gift sets.

Contrary to the first images, Dengar does include his codpiece. For some strange reason, the Imperial Forces set has two of IG-88's rifle and none of Bossk's.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    For some strange reason, the Imperial Forces set has two of IG-88's rifle and none of Bossk's.
    This is the only set that I bought to keep packaged and I noticed the same thing. However, Bossk's rifle is in there, it's just behind him so it's tough to spot at first. You can see the brown strap from the rifle poking out from behind his left side. I guess they decided to pack the rifle behind Bossk this time, so that it wasn't obstructing the view of the figure (like it was on the 2007 VTAC card). They probably included an extra IG-88 rifle just to make sure that all three figures had clearly visible accessories.

To be honest, I really wish they would retool Bossk's rifle or at least release a version without the strap. As it's sculpted the strap is essentially useless, you can't even really hang it over his shoulder convincingly. It's the only real weak point of an otherwise perfect figure.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis