Hybrid View

Target Exclusive Three-packs

I don't know if this topic has been put anywhere else so i decided to start it here. I found all three packs on Friday. I picked up the Rebel three pack that includes 2-1B Which looks like a repack from the old one but I don't remember its waist being articulated. The Leia figure is decent. The Rebel Commander is a good figure, and the reason I got this set. It has a clean shaven face and the hat and scarf can be removed. The dude kind of looks like President G.W. Bush. I also picked up the Villians pack that has a Stormtrooper that does not have a removable helmet. Yay! But he does have the slot in his back for a backpack so it's probably a sandtrooper body. A Vader who's two piece helmet falls off if you look at it wrong. and the Death Squad Trooper (the reason I got this pack). I don't know if I got a defective one, but his right foot sucks and is bent badly. I left the Heroes pack because I didn't want yet another X-Wing pilot Luke. I've bought two in the last year already.

These are warming the shelves at all my Targets (the only new SW item they've received in months). For $20 a piece, I'll pass. But they'll hit clearance and I'll get em then.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I don't remember the 2-1B having an articulated waist, but I'd have to check. He was a cool POTF2 figure nonetheless. I've seen the other ones, but I haven't seen that pack at Target yet. The only one I really want as it has the TVC Leia I presume?, which I missed earlier and now can't find as they've disappeared from retail. The Rebel (Bush hah!) Commander is an added bonus.

I can pass on the other ones.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

If I was starting to collect SW figs, these would be great. But as I have over 1000 different figures bought over the years, I've seen these before, minus minor "changes." If there was one new figure (with significant changes or a never-before-produced one), I'd consider it. The closest I came to buying one was the one with the Rebel Hoth Trooper.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I bought the one with the Rebel trooper since I didn't get him in one of the UBPs that Target had last year.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

as the resident Deuce-ologist I must say that the original POTF II 2-1B totally has an "articulated" waist- oddly enough it took me almost 10 years to actually notice, but one day when I was playing especially hard with the POTF II Deuce it became clear that the figure was even more awesome than I could have dared hope
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Oyes, one of the true must-haves
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I got the set with a Deuce. I should've waited for clearance. But I didn't get the Hoth set last year and even full price on this baby was a better price than that. Plus, the duplicate figures are one my daughter wants and one I can always use extras of. Every scene needs plenty of 2-1B action! I might paint this one gold, or something.