Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Focus groups in general are a joke. Marketing departments pay for their opinions and more often than not have to throw out the results and do it all over again. The end result is usually another bad decision - anyone remember New Coke?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I'd be ok with something similar to the POTF2 green cardback. Maybe the cutout file card too, but not absolutely necessary. Something nice to describe the character for sure and a nice pic of them. We are in for some really obscure stuff from the EU coming up. Some of us don't know who the heck these guys are without some research. The current TVC cardback is such a waste of good space.
    The front of the POTF2 cards are generic though, and rather undynamic by today's standards. The back of the TVC card is definitely not good though, I've never liked it, when the '95 cards can beat it, something is very wrong.

Right after the question about the Gamorrean Guard not being planned for release this year, the Jedi News UK got an answer about TVC case assortment ratios being optimized for more popular figures, so maybe they are sort of answering the first question too, and plan on putting more Gamorrean Guards in later assortments next year. Maybe Wedge will make it in more than one per case too. They should have been specifically asked on whether the GG and Wedge would make it in more than one per case in later case assortments next year. Another question with specifics perhaps?
    I don't know, it's sort of a red headed step child answer saying there won't be any more Gamorrean Guards, then in the next answer saying they will optimize case assortments. It's baffling.
    My guess is they aren't copping to a cost issue with the Gamorrean which is causing problems, that it doesn't fit in those budgets. Almost every figure lately has been 1 per case though.

I don't believe for a second that Hasbro is focus-grouping Star Wars, especially TVC.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Your right with the POTF2 cards. Still I did like the cut-out file-card on the back. Though instead of a scene from the movie on the back as the pic, they need to have a portrait or both for reference, and definitely a biography which they aren't doing now instead of a previous release of a past carded figure which is kind of a waste. We as collectors know when past figures were released, and the fact that they are not the same figure (thank goodness) They should instead do that for the Legends line of regurgitated figures where such reference belongs.

No focus groups for the TVC. They should have realized this earlier with the figures being at a higher price, collector based, with mostly collectors buying them.Hopefully reexamining the process.For the most part I'm pleased with everything TVC I've bought, but concerned with the severe pegwarming of massive amounts of defective figures and previous releases put in TVC cards at a higher price that possibly limit retail ordering newer cases, or at least putting them out. Whichever is the case. Eventually at the end I guess previously unreleased figures that are pegwarming like the Cloud Car Pilot will thin out as happens with every line, but the amount of defective figures at a higher price is unprecedented. That's the other "perfect storm" brewing for months now.