Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chalk up another vote for JT's question and number 8 as well.

I like your question just the way it is JT and would like to change my vote for #8 to a vote for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They can't make an exception to including him later because they've pre-sold all the assortments to retailers for the year now. We can ask why they didn't plan for the figure to make a return, but not to shoehorn him in.

If we're to ask why they didn't plan for these figures to be put in later assortments, I'd write it something like this...

When talking about cases including figures from previous waves to lengthen a sought-after figure's run, why is it that figures like the Gamorrean Guard and Wedge Antilles didn't get planned to be revisited while the Sandtrooper and Grievous see repeat after repeat in later cases? You've told us that the line is meant to be "collector focused", we're even paying a dollar extra premium for the collector-focused smaller run, yet the figures nearly every collector already has - the ones that often end up pegwarming anyway - see nearly endless reruns in a bid to grab attention of casual consumers while the figures that collectors actually hunger for end up shorted at 1 per case in an extremely brief singular release window. On the Gamorrean's part, it seems doubly dangerous since that's a large investment in new tooling, we'd think Hasbro would want to see as much return as possible on that figure by selling as many as possible. It's not like the market has ever shown issues with the Gamorrean, unlike the Sandtrooper which has pegwarmed repeatedly in the modern line's 16 year run, yet this entire year was planned in advance under the notion that the Gamorrean would somehow be a collecting pariah, relegated to low interest and singular purchases, despite being a significant Jabba's Palace army builder and an incredibly recognizable Star Wars alien (to say nothing of the fact that it's an awesome figure to boot). So, um, why are the cool figures in TVC getting these short release windows and no carry-forward into later cases, and how soon could we expect to see that trend reversed in later cases?

Anyway, that's how I'd ask it if I thought I could get away with being such a jerk. But I'm tired and feeling defeated, so I'm a little aggressive there. Also, I don't believe Hasbro is going to give away trade secrets on their lead time with retailers, so I left that out, but now that I think about it, we could probably get it in with some creative language.

That's all good and fine JT, I appreciate your consideration, maybe they need to be raked over the coals, by all means use your judgement, but my understanding of the previous answer they gave to JedinewsUK. is that they could shoehorn him in or at least do something to alleviate these TVC problems.
    They are not going to give away their trade secrets, but some adaptability to the market's wants is needed. That's just good business. For crissakes stop the TVC Clone presses, do some shuffling around of assortments. That's the impression I'm getting from that answer no? Just what does "optimizing ratios" beginning in Fall 2011 mean? Hope for including much wanted figures or just shuffling around the amounts of the figures already in the assortment? One more defective TVC ROTS Clone, or for that matter Utapau Clone, or recently yellowing TVC Stormtrooper in any assortment is too many. Asking for an explanation of "optimizing" maybe?

My 3 cents, I'm sure you'll figure a good question, thanks.

JediNews.co.uk: With new figures in both The Vintage Collection and The Clone Wars only shipping one per case it is getting frustratingly hard to get each and every new figure. Surely it would make sense to pack all new figures two per case therefore ensuring that more people get access to these new figures and then leaving the remaining slots in the cases for the more popular figures from previous waves? It seems brick and mortar shops are ordering fewer cases and by making this switch you'll allow a greater number of collectors and kids to get the new figures they want and stop the problems we're currently encountering whereby all we're finding at retail are huge quantities of Clone Troopers and Sandtroopers (that's probably stopping the retailers from ordering more product - it’s seems like a vicious circle!).
    Hasbro: We are continually optimizing our ratios in order to maximize the most sought after figures in each case pack. Beginning in fall 2011 and continuing into 2012 you will see this strategy in action on a more regular basis.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

In regards to our question #8 regarding an ESB Slave 1

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    8. In several instances now, when asked about the new Slave I getting an ESB release, the response is that it largely depends on how the current Clone Wars version does at retail. If the decision to release it this way is based off sales, why release this as a $100 set with a few re-released figures, and a vehicle repaint that wasn't really hotly requested? If this CW set does sell, does that suggest an ESB release would get a similar Ultimate Battle Pack treatment with the release of some new figures like Bespin Guards and an existing vehicle like the Cloud Car? If that's not likely in store for an ESB Slave I, why predicate that release on this one when it has a different pricepoint, market, and really a different business model altogether? Why release the CW one in this ultimate battle pack format, was this vehicle originally planned for the now-defunct $60 Deluxe Vehicle line and repurposed, was this always the plan for it, or if not, how did this come about this way?
    From Jedi Insider
    JI: When will we see the recently released (bigger) Clone Wars Slave 1 re-released in a Empire Strikes Back deco?

Hasbro: Great question…we would love to release a Vintage OTC Slave 1 for 2012. We are trying to find a home for it now, perhaps as a retailer exclusive. Stay tuned for more details.
    I know it doesn't answer all the questions put forth in #8, but it is a start anyway.

Question 9 added.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I vote for JT's question. If you wanted to reword it to be a little more tactful that's fine, but I like it as is and I think you bring up some really valid points.

New question in relation to JT's:
    We know that Deryl DePriest is a collector himself and also an army-builder, so can we see photos of his army of green-helmeted TVC Clonetroopers?
    Ok, I guess it's not that bad anyway, I was kinda hoping it'd be nastier really, that's how I felt when I was writing it, but late at night things always seem to act differently from how I think they do, usually with hilarious results.

Vote counted, as with anybody who said the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    5 and 8 please!

When can we see answers to the last session? I'm dying to see Hasbro's response to the Cane Adiss question!
    Answers just went up, you won't be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I like your question just the way it is JT and would like to change my vote for #8 to a vote for that one.
    Ok, done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    That's all good and fine JT, I appreciate your consideration, maybe they need to be raked over the coals, by all means use your judgement, but my understanding of the previous answer they gave to JedinewsUK. is that they could shoehorn him in or at least do something to alleviate these TVC problems.
    They are not going to give away their trade secrets, but some adaptability to the market's wants is needed. That's just good business. For crissakes stop the TVC Clone presses, do some shuffling around of assortments. That's the impression I'm getting from that answer no? Just what does "optimizing ratios" beginning in Fall 2011 mean? Hope for including much wanted figures or just shuffling around the amounts of the figures already in the assortment? One more defective TVC ROTS Clone, or for that matter Utapau Clone, or recently yellowing TVC Stormtrooper in any assortment is too many. Asking for an explanation of "optimizing" maybe?

My 3 cents, I'm sure you'll figure a good question, thanks.

JediNews.co.uk: With new figures in both The Vintage Collection and The Clone Wars only shipping one per case it is getting frustratingly hard to get each and every new figure. Surely it would make sense to pack all new figures two per case therefore ensuring that more people get access to these new figures and then leaving the remaining slots in the cases for the more popular figures from previous waves? It seems brick and mortar shops are ordering fewer cases and by making this switch you'll allow a greater number of collectors and kids to get the new figures they want and stop the problems we're currently encountering whereby all we're finding at retail are huge quantities of Clone Troopers and Sandtroopers (that's probably stopping the retailers from ordering more product - it’s seems like a vicious circle!).
    Hasbro: We are continually optimizing our ratios in order to maximize the most sought after figures in each case pack. Beginning in fall 2011 and continuing into 2012 you will see this strategy in action on a more regular basis.
    Their answer I think is speaking of a longer-term planning scenario, looking 9 months down the road or more (half their total planning cycle), when we're more concerned with addressing a problem in 3 months' time at most.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    In regards to our question #8 regarding an ESB Slave 1

From Jedi Insider

I know it doesn't answer all the questions put forth in #8, but it is a start anyway.
    I think that's basically just a confirmation of what we were hinted at, but yeah, it's a start.

Ok, I think that catches us up to now. We could use a few more good questions before the round is up next week.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Put me down for #9 fer sure.

I'll see what develops question wise before me other one.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

How about: When certain figures were clogging the pegs in the past, you guys have taken those figures off of the pegs and sold them as multipacks. We want to know if you guys would be willing to do that again with the vintage Sandtroopers and Ep3 Clone Troopers? Maybe they could be sold in groups of eight or more on Hasbro Toy Shop as army builders like some of the other army builders you guys have offered up.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Last few days to vote.

Votes are WAY down in this round, unfortunately - I think the new format is frustrating everybody.

Speaking of which, here are mine.

(Choosing just two is so danged hard!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    How about: When certain figures were clogging the pegs in the past, you guys have taken those figures off of the pegs and sold them as multipacks. We want to know if you guys would be willing to do that again with the vintage Sandtroopers and Ep3 Clone Troopers? Maybe they could be sold in groups of eight or more on Hasbro Toy Shop as army builders like some of the other army builders you guys have offered up.
    Since these are still shipping, I don't think they're going to be in the pull. I may ask it at comic-con, but until we see evidence that they're part of the pull, I am going to hold off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

2 and 7, please.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I would like you to ask your question JT. I am very upset about Wedge being one to a case that most places won't see. What's the point in doing a figure that no one will have a shot at?
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."