Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I love the language in question 5.
    I'll add question 8.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Tomorrow, I'm going to be out of town for most of the day, so I'll be sending in the questions tomorrow morning to ensure we don't miss the round. So the next 14 hours are your last chance to vote in this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble View Post
    I would like you to ask your question JT. I am very upset about Wedge being one to a case that most places won't see. What's the point in doing a figure that no one will have a shot at?
    I'll count that as a vote then.

Yeah, Wedge was delayed so they could get it right, and then they just short-pack him to death as a response? That's ludicrous. All the while, the awful new Stormtrooper is deluging my TRU with its off-color helmet and gawky hips, the Sandtrooper and ROTS Clone that have been pegwarming for months just got MORE reinforcements today, and now Grievous, Gree and the AOTC Clone are starting to back up there too. But no Wedge, that'd never sell with the kiddies who aren't the focus of the line, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I love the language in question 5.
    Thanks, it's exactly how I felt, minus the salty talk.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll take #6 as my remaining question.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

#2 and #9

I'm trying to figure out wording on another potential question about heavily shipping low-demand toys early in a line's run so that later items are essentially Ross exclusives, since Ross is hardly an ideal place to look for toys. (There haven't been any de facto Ross exclusive Star Wars toys yet, but I'd be willing to bet there will be within a year, the way things are going.) Perhaps something about making repack case assortments more dynamic.

My two votes (to recap one of the votes) are for 3 and 9. Thanks.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Ok, thanks to everybody who voted. Because of you guys, we have clear winners this time, and probably know what will win next round as well.

Here's what we're sending in for this round:

• - In several instances now, when asked about the new Slave I getting an ESB release, the response is that it largely depends on how the current Clone Wars version does at retail. If the decision to release it this way is based off sales, why release this as a $100 set with a few re-released figures, and a vehicle repaint that wasn't really hotly requested? If this CW set does sell, does that suggest an ESB release would get a similar Ultimate Battle Pack treatment with the release of some new figures like Bespin Guards and an existing vehicle like the Cloud Car? If that's not likely in store for an ESB Slave I, why predicate that release on this one when it has a different pricepoint, market, and really a different business model altogether? Why release the CW one in this ultimate battle pack format, was this vehicle originally planned for the now-defunct $60 Deluxe Vehicle line and repurposed, was this always the plan for it, or if not, how did this come about this way?
    • - When talking about cases including figures from previous waves to lengthen a sought-after figure's run, why is it that figures like the Gamorrean Guard and Wedge Antilles don't get planned to be revisited while the Sandtrooper and Grievous see repeat after repeat in later cases? You've told us that the line is meant to be "collector focused", we're even paying a dollar extra premium for the collector-focused smaller run, yet the figures nearly every collector already has - the ones that often end up pegwarming anyway - see nearly endless reruns in a bid to grab attention of casual consumers while the figures that collectors actually hunger for end up shorted at 1 per case in an extremely brief singular release window. On the Gamorrean's part, it seems doubly dangerous since that's a large investment in new tooling, we'd think Hasbro would want to see as much return as possible on that figure by selling as many as possible. It's not like the market has ever shown issues with the Gamorrean, unlike the Sandtrooper which has pegwarmed repeatedly in the modern line's 16 year run, yet this entire year was planned in advance under the notion that the Gamorrean would somehow be a collecting pariah, relegated to low interest and singular purchases, despite being a significant Jabba's Palace army builder and an incredibly recognizable Star Wars alien (to say nothing of the fact that it's an awesome figure to boot). So, um, why are the cool figures in TVC getting these short release windows and no carry-forward into later cases, and how soon could we expect to see that trend reversed in later cases?

Look for a new round of voting soon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.