Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Celebration VI

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I'm about as far away from Florida as you can get in the lower 48 states. They should have one in San Francisco. It would certainly make it easier for Lucas to make it down from the ranch for an appearance. It would be an easy plane trip for me.
    I'd stay with my friend, Adrianne, and her husband. Is the convention centre large enough to host the convention?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

They've never done a SW Celebration in Texas, or in the Northwest, or in the Northeast. Why we had to have Indianapolis and Orlando twice is entirely beyond me. It's like someone got lazy and just signed a contract because it looked like the one they used last time. Looking at it on a map, it's like they're trying to cut a swath around Texas entirely, and the Northwest gets pretty badly ignored too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I'd stay with my friend, Adrianne, and her husband. Is the convention centre large enough to host the convention?
    I don't know, but looking at this page - http://www.cvent.com/en/destination-...nters-3m.shtml and sorting by meeting space, the Moscone Center in SF is one of the biggest in the U.S. I'm not sure how that space is allocated, though, and it is still less than half of what it lists Orlando as having, but more than San Diego. I also looked on a map, and it is downtown, so I don't know what parking and transportation would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They've never done a SW Celebration in Texas [snip], it's like they're trying to cut a swath around Texas entirely...
    All the cosplayers would probably all get shot there. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I don't know, but looking at this page - http://www.cvent.com/en/destination-...nters-3m.shtml and sorting by meeting space, the Moscone Center in SF is one of the biggest in the U.S. I'm not sure how that space is allocated, though, and it is still less than half of what it lists Orlando as having, but more than San Diego. I also looked on a map, and it is downtown, so I don't know what parking and transportation would be like.
    Hmmmm... interesting!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I hear Austin TX is pretty progressive. Plus, the 501st could carry live ammo, for once, and shoot back.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well I'm going to this gig since I'm looooong overdue for a Celebration:

C1 - I knew about it but never considered going since I was in college at the time. I remember sitting outside TRU for the TPM Midnight Madness and some people showed up straight from the airport, saying they just flew in from Celebration and it was a blast.
    C2 - Indy is only about a 6 hour drive for me, so I should have gone...but honestly I didn't start getting into hardcore collecting SW autographs until August of that year, so I didn't think much about going.
    C3 - Absolutely NO valid reason I didn't attend; I absolutely should have made that trip!!!
    C4 - Eh, it wasn't too hard to pass on an L.A. trip (no offense).
    C5 - It would have been cool but the timing was bad for me since I got married that summer and we did our honeymoon on Maui along with 2 Chicago area conventions; just had too many trips lined up.
    C6 - It's finally time for me to actually attend one of these and that's a pretty cool guest list Official Pix put together (Mark Hamill and Warwick Davis will be the final 2 guests announced soon...)

JT, will you please re-consider and make the trip down there???
    JP, that sounds like a fun way to spend your birthday! Hopefully I'll bump into you there.
    JJL, same to you (except for the birthday part).

Nice! Now that this is getting closer, I'm getting more and more excited. I'll be doing a day at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Wednesday to check out Star Tours, get the previous exclusives there, and hopefully have a crack at the Build-A-Droid kiosk if it's back open by then.

(Looking back at my first post - my sister has since moved back her wedding by at least two years since she just doesn't feel like getting married yet. Her boyfriend has the patience of Job. )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Her boyfriend has the patience of Job. )
    Thankfully, though, God isn't killing your sister for no reason but to prove a point to Satan about your future brother-in-law.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This is my first Celebration since C3. Attended 1 - 3, couldn't justify the money for C4 in LA, and just didn't have the money for C5. If it weren't for cheap airline tickets, I wouldn't be attended C6!

I'm looking forward to it. I'd love to volunteer at an event like this but since it's been a whle since I attended, I don't want to miss anything.

Looking forward to attending some of the panels.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    This is my first Celebration since C3. Attended 1 - 3, couldn't justify the money for C4 in LA, and just didn't have the money for C5. If it weren't for cheap airline tickets, I wouldn't be attended C6!

I'm looking forward to it. I'd love to volunteer at an event like this but since it's been a whle since I attended, I don't want to miss anything.

Looking forward to attending some of the panels.
    Photos.....or it didn't happen!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!