Article: Rick McCallum Says Star Wars Live Action TV Series On Hold

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, it's starting to feel like 1986 all over again. Lucas is backing off on making the TV series in almost the exact same way that he backed off on the remaining "6 films" 25 years ago. Plus they seem to be backtracking on their promise to release the entire saga in 3D.I think if they wanted a 3D "experiment" then they should have started with ANH. Because if they can successfully convert that film to 3D, then the rest of the movies should be child's play.

I hear ya BB, toys are not moving on shelves, there's a new Star Tours (Star Tours opened in '87 technically, but close enough), and the big deal TV series may never happen after such a big hooplah about it from the flanneled one.

I do think Lucas could probably do better to start off with a mini-series or a tv movie as a backdoor pilot, test the waters and prove the mettle of his grand ideas. Of course, the new Battlestar Galactica's mini-series was amazing, yet the show which followed never quite lived up to that.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How successful it is? Well by doing phantom menace first it may be quite unsuccessful unless you want to really sit through that again.

Apparently they really don't want to make the rest of the films 3-D. Seeing that they are pinning the prospects of the rest of them being done on the success of the worst of the 6 movies. I agree with Bigbarada. They should of started with Star Wars. When I say that I'm talking about waht the flanneled one retitled A New Hope. It'll always be, just "Star Wars" to me.

Lucas seems pretty bitter about what he went through on Star Wars, so I think the fact that TPM was his first "total control" film makes it more important to him. And since he's the creator, what he says, goes.