Are the Clone Wars figures universally awesome?

That might sound like a dumb question. But I don't watch the show and don't collect the figures. However, I've gotten a handful of them for my daughter at various times (Dooku w/ Speeder, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, Cad Bane vs IG-86, Shaak Ti, and Boba Fett).

Maybe I've lucked into her only picking out awesome figures, but I've yet to see a dud. With every one I've opened, I immediately find myself thinking, "Man, I wish the realistic line was as consistently good as the Clone Wars line." (I know that there are realistic figures as good, even better, than any CW figure I've seen, but there are quite a few stinkers in the realistic line, even in 2011.) I haven't noticed anyone else complaining, either.

Is Hasbro just putting more effort overall into the production of Clone Wars figures, or am I just lucky enough to get awesome figures and never notice the complaining about bad figures since I rarely venture into this forum?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think it's a bit of a mix. Some of the earlier main character figures have had to be redone for various reasons; I think in the beginning of the line they were going for a hybrid between realistic and animated style but have now gone fully animated to completely match the look of the show, and have gone back to redo some characters accordingly. The level of articulation fluctuates as they claim to change their focus between kids and collectors. The Cad Bane you cited has arguably been done better in his newer version, with the old one being less articulated and weirdly bright blue. Some of the ones you cited are particularly great, including Dooku, IG-86, and Shaak Ti.

I think part of it is that the style of these figures lets them get away with being a little less on-the-money with their sculpts or details. In the realistic line, we expect everything to look exactly like its on-screen counterpart; when a Han figure isn't a 100% perfect Harrison Ford likeness, people cry like their dogs just died. But we're more used to seeing human faces and looking for details and differences than we are in animated characters. For instance, the clone trooper heads used on most animated figures are pretty inaccurate and have ugly scowls, but people seem to accept them just fine (while on a realistic figure I think people would find them unacceptable). Alternately, though, it's probably easier for Hasbro to get detailed images of the Clone Wars characters from all angles since Lucasfilm can easily send them reference while something from ANH is not as well documented and possibly harder to recreate. But they're also sometimes working several months out - so is Lucasfilm Animation, of course, but this can result in missteps when Hasbro is working from resources that turn out to be outdated. Take the ARC Troopers battle pack - there's an ARC Trooper with red trim that appears nowhere in the series, but seems to have been based on concept art for Commander Colt, whose figure is coming out soon. Also, those figures' helmets are not completely accurate to the ones on the show, so this shows that they're not always perfect.

Yularen cannot stand on his own, that's somewhat annoying.

I'm not sure it's any better than the realistic line, I think your familiarity with the realistic line is simply so high that you don't think of them as awesome anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not at K-Mart. Went there... CW figs are NINE AND A HALF DOLLARS EACH?!? Why? How? And there's a mix of various waves (blue cards, Legacy cards).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."