Saga Legends 2011 Wave 3 Found

Not that finding the new Saga Legends is exciting, but I did find 2 cases of the new SL figures at Walmart in Salt Lake City this morning. It is a rather boring assortment of figures, but amazingly enough Walmart had them priced at only $1 per figure. They were crammed on the bottom shelf of a clearance section with no price tag. I was interested in a SpaceTrooper or 2, so I scanned one at the price-checker and was shocked to see them at that price. In hingsight, I probably should have snagged a couple more.

I knew this Walmart had moved all the remaining Saga Legends to the clearance section a couple weeks ago (a few Anakins, Obi-wans, and Mauls), but they never had a price tag on them, so I assumed they would be full price.

Here's a scan of my receipt:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saga Legends.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	25038

I found and got the stormtrooper and Death Star Trooper from this wave. The stormtrooper has a number of issues, including the name plate on the packaging featuring the word "Kenobi" in the shadow behind the character's name. It's basically the VOTC mold, using the redone stamp that started appearing with the 2006 Shadow Stormtrooper, but it's essentially the VOTC figure. The little gray circles on the front of the helmet are either very, very light or unpainted, making it look a little unfinished. The plastic also feels a little flimsy at times. It's nice to finally have a stormtrooper in this line (the first one since its inception in 2007, shockingly), but I prefer the TVC version quite a bit.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I finally got around to opening some of these new Saga Legends and found that they did not come with the weapons packs.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I finally got around to opening some of these new Saga Legends and found that they did not come with the weapons packs.
    The older Saga Legends figures have "Includes Secret Weapons!" written on the insert, while the newer ones only call out their accessories - or in R2-D2's case, none at all; or in the Super Battle Droid's case, a blaster that isn't included.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The SBD's blaster is included with the Vintage figure.

I was disappointed to see that they've cut the weapons packs, I liked those.

I've been finding this wave more and more the past few days, found a couple Boba Fetts today, it's the shoddy action gimmick figure again, easy pass. Spacetrooper is nice to be able to buy though without the exclusivity nonsense.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Spacetrooper is nice to be able to buy though without the exclusivity nonsense.
    I'm still looking for that one.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**