Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I hear you FB. I've got two other friends who were shut out this year. One friend is driving to San Diego anyway to go into to buy a badge for next year. Each person who got in line last year could only buy their own ticket. When I tried to buy my lady friend's, I was told she had to buy her own, which she gratefully did. I'm not sure if Comic Con is doing the same thing this year, though I did hear that they would not be selling tickets on preview night. First thing Thursday, I'm getting in line for 2012 passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Each person who got in line last year could only buy their own ticket. When I tried to buy my lady friend's, I was told she had to buy her own, which she gratefully did.
    Figgy, IIRC, you could get to the ticket counter without actually going into Comic-Con. I don't recall the situation from last year as to buying others' tickets (my wife and I were together at the time, so it wasn't an issue), but I'm going to assume Maradona's right as I've never known him to lie, unless it's about the location of Blackbeard's treasure, which he still owes me after I saved his skin from the Neo-Aztecs.

Anyway, point being, you could probably ask one of the workers about the ticket counter's whereabouts if you're going to be in San Diego anyhow. Just be prepared to get as many contradictory answers as the number of employees or volunteers you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, SDCC management is probably just going to look at the fact that passes sold out so quickly and ignore everything else, unfortunately.

I'm also annoyed by the hotel/badge combos that they were offering last week. Had I not secured housing through their lottery process in March, I might have considered that combo. Or else, they should have offered more hotel/badge combos from the get go and included more of the downtown hotels in that.
    That's what makes this new management such much lesser-than from the previous.

Yeah, when I saw that they held back badges for some shell game with hotels, I was disgusted.

BTW, I think these guys are right, you can order your '12 badge on-site if you're going down without having a badge, it's the one part of the convention center they let you into, I believe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks Chux, Maradona and JT!

At least I have something to shoot for now.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Figgy, IIRC, you could get to the ticket counter without actually going into Comic-Con. I don't recall the situation from last year as to buying others' tickets (my wife and I were together at the time, so it wasn't an issue), but I'm going to assume Maradona's right as I've never known him to lie, unless it's about the location of Blackbeard's treasure, which he still owes me after I saved his skin from the Neo-Aztecs.

Anyway, point being, you could probably ask one of the workers about the ticket counter's whereabouts if you're going to be in San Diego anyhow. Just be prepared to get as many contradictory answers as the number of employees or volunteers you ask.
    Just like it is every year! I always run into this with registration where some volunteers herd you into the longest line, unaware that there are other smaller lines that can lead to registration central.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That's what makes this new management such much lesser-than from the previous.

Yeah, when I saw that they held back badges for some shell game with hotels, I was disgusted.

BTW, I think these guys are right, you can order your '12 badge on-site if you're going down without having a badge, it's the one part of the convention center they let you into, I believe.
    About that shell game, what's this love affair that they have with the Town and Country Mission Valley? Not only was it a part of last year's hotel/badge package as well but served as their satellite location for badge pickups on Wednesday. If they offer that again this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at Town and Country.

My guess is one of the new management people has an in there, or is taking kickbacks.

So here we are, exactly 2 weeks from the show, and they still have no schedule up. No official list of exclusives, and only today have they added the exhibitors list and hall map.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Like last year, the schedule for Thursday has gone up a whopping 2 weeks ahead of time. Oddly, there are at least 4 Star Wars things on it, Kinect Star Wars, SW The Old Republic MMO, SW Clone Wars season 4 preview with Dave Filoni, and the SW Fan Film Awards; the IDW panel may also have Star Wars in it, I dunno. Thursday also contains the Hasbro TF panel, the TF:Prime panel, and the Hasbro/IDW '12 Comics panel that I think is focusing on TF.

Exclusives are not yet listed.

So, who wants to get together on Thursday? I haven't put my Thursday on paper yet, so I can't say for sure, it doesn't look great but I'll do my best.

JT, I'll go for Thursday. Though obviously, I'll have to meet you all outside of the con.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    but I'm going to assume Maradona's right as I've never known him to lie, unless it's about the location of Blackbeard's treasure, which he still owes me after I saved his skin from the Neo-Aztecs.
    Not to mention helping me complete the MASS device.

Thursday's schedule seems rather weak to me. I was hoping for the Batman Year One screening that night. Maybe it'll be Friday instead.

Friday is an abomination. At one point in the day, I will have 5 different panels I'd want to go to, 3 of which are all the same priority, and another is for SSG news. I will be unavailable to meet up on Friday.

Also, speaking of "Friday is an abomination", this is my 5th Comic-Con and the first one where Friday isn't mentioned as Star Wars Day, and there's no SWD marker for SW events. I am really chafed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Thursday's schedule seems rather weak to me. I was hoping for the Batman Year One screening that night. Maybe it'll be Friday instead.
    2 Year One screenings on Friday night.

Wow. All these positive, glowing comments are making me sad that I am unable to attend CC once again. But I do wish you good luck, we're all counting on you. :shirleyserious:
    "That's what Sheev said."