Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    2 Year One screenings on Friday night.
    I will be present for at least one. Friday's most alluring panel, for me at least, is the one with William Shatner and Kevin Smith. I'll hope to be there to see that train wreck/gold mine. For those that have not seen the Shat live, he is incredibly amusing.

  2. #22
    I'd like to see it, but it's PG-13, so I don't Chux Jr seeing it until I get a chance to. And she wants to go to the Batman TV 45th Anniversary panel the same evening, so she'll still be around at that time.

  3. #23
    2 Year One Screenings???

    As if not having any passes didn't hurt enough already!

    I would have had so many panels for Friday as well...Lego Star Wars, Hasbro Star Wars, Green Lantern animated series...oh well...

  4. #24
    Me! Me!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

  5. #25
    Saturday is up, and it's VERY light, a pathetically weak schedule actually, like why the hell is Friday so over-scheduled when there's so little draw on Saturday? Anyway, my Saturday schedule involves standing in line for BR20 and then sitting in BR20 for hours, but after 1:15pm, I can flexible my schedule up nicely if that's what you guys want. That said, the Kevin Smith panel is Saturday evening, at 5:45pm, so Steve, Tycho, I, and probably several of you guys as well, will be lining up for that at some point as we do every year.

    I am proposing Saturday afternoon would make a fine time to get together, after 1:20pm.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I will be present for at least one. Friday's most alluring panel, for me at least, is the one with William Shatner and Kevin Smith. I'll hope to be there to see that train wreck/gold mine. For those that have not seen the Shat live, he is incredibly amusing.
    That panel breaks my heart, it's scheduled against the Hasbro Star Wars panel, which I absolutely cannot miss. And since it's in 6BCF, not BR20 or Hall H, it isn't eligible for replay later that night. So, like much of Friday, as much as I want to be at that panel, I'm counter-scheduled against it - the idea of Shatner and Kevin Smith together alone makes me weep for joy.


    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'd like to see it, but it's PG-13, so I don't Chux Jr seeing it until I get a chance to. And she wants to go to the Batman TV 45th Anniversary panel the same evening, so she'll still be around at that time.
    That Batman TV panel looks so dope, I may be joining you and the little gal if I can pull myself away from another panel in time. Since Year One is right next door, I'm going to try to do that as well. I can understand not wanting to keep your kid out that late though, it ends at 10, that'd be an easy deal breaker even if the PG-13 thing wasn't.

    This reminds me, SDCC'11 seems to be the comic-con that my mom would most want to go to. It's the first one I'm not telling her about the events because I know it'll break her heart to hear what she's missing (her mother's dementia has gotten really bad and my mom has to take daily care of her now).


    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    2 Year One Screenings???

    As if not having any passes didn't hurt enough already!

    I would have had so many panels for Friday as well...Lego Star Wars, Hasbro Star Wars, Green Lantern animated series...oh well...
    Really sorry to hear it. You should kick Tycho's butt and take his badge.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Saturday is up, and it's VERY light, a pathetically weak schedule actually, like why the hell is Friday so over-scheduled when there's so little draw on Saturday? Anyway, my Saturday schedule involves standing in line for BR20 and then sitting in BR20 for hours, but after 1:15pm, I can flexible my schedule up nicely if that's what you guys want.
    Since you'll have plenty of free time to kill on that day you and Steve can swing by the Nickelodeon and Saban booths and pick up any Ranger freebies they have. Also feel free to stop by the other booths and pick up any other freebies for me along the way.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

  7. #27
    1:20 Saturday would probably work for me. I might try to go to Futurama, and it gets out at 1. If I can't, well, it'll be on TV soon. (I've found that the patience to wait until something actually airs a few months later works to one's benefit with panel scheduling. )

  8. #28
    Kinda skimming the list, I've come up with a tentative list for the first three days worth of panels. Not sure what I'll actually go to, and my daughter likely being with me the whole time is a big factor. And, yeah, I know there's some conflicts, but I'm not done:

    Thursday:
    10-11: IDW & Hasbro (room 9)
    2:30-3:30: Hasbro Transformers (room 24ABC)
    3:30-4:30: The Making of Transformers Prime (room 24ABC)
    *--I've discovered that Chux Jr loves this show, primarily because Arcee is a main character. Given the disturbing dearth of strong female characters in kids' entertainment, I can't discourage this simply because it's crappily-written, uses the stupid Bayformers designs, and has a color palette that renders it almost unwatchable for me.
    5-6: Beavis & Butt-Head (room 6A)
    6-7: Voltron (Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront)

    Friday:
    10-11: Lego Star Wars (room 7AB)
    11-12: Hasbro Star Wars (room 7AB)
    11-12: Tintin (hall H)
    2-3: Green Lantern: The Animated Series (room 6BCF)
    3:30-4:30: Thundercats Premiere (room 6A)
    6-7: Batman 45th Anniversary (room 9)
    8-9: Reign of the Dinosaurs (room 6DE)
    *--This sounds like a more up-to-date version of Walking With Dinosaurs. Who doesn't love Walking With Dinosaurs? The ghost of Hitler, that's who.

    Saturday:
    12:15-1:00: Futurama (ballroom 20)
    7-8: Fables (room 6DE)
    *--This is the only panel that's definitely not for kids, but might be okay for her to sleep in. But it's one of the best series I've ever read, and I understand that attendees get inside information on the characters that doesn't actually appear in the comic.
    8:30-11:30: Masquerade (various locations)

    Am I blind, or is there absolutely no GIJoe-related panel at all? I might have to ask at the booth, "Is GIJoe the red-headed stepchild of Hasbro, since most of the stuff--the POC line, both IDW continuities, and Renegades--are the best the line has ever been, but they're not marketed and all the eggs seem to be in the Rise of Cobra 2 basket, despite everyone and their brother agreeing that the movie was crap?"

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

    Really sorry to hear it. You should kick Tycho's butt and take his badge.
    Hmm..Tycho's not posted in this thread yet...Tycho, usually you don't attend all 4 days anyhow

    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

    Am I blind, or is there absolutely no GIJoe-related panel at all? I might have to ask at the booth, "Is GIJoe the red-headed stepchild of Hasbro, since most of the stuff--the POC line, both IDW continuities, and Renegades--are the best the line has ever been, but they're not marketed and all the eggs seem to be in the Rise of Cobra 2 basket, despite everyone and their brother agreeing that the movie was crap?"
    Yeah, you'd think Hasbro would have a panel for the upcoming Anniversary line at least.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Am I blind, or is there absolutely no GIJoe-related panel at all? I might have to ask at the booth, "Is GIJoe the red-headed stepchild of Hasbro, since most of the stuff--the POC line, both IDW continuities, and Renegades--are the best the line has ever been, but they're not marketed and all the eggs seem to be in the Rise of Cobra 2 basket, despite everyone and their brother agreeing that the movie was crap?"
    I wonder if the scrapping of Renegades for yet another new direction has anything to do with what the Hasbro Joe team can show. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the toy plans that previously existed were either pushed back or abandoned in favor of preparing the market for the next phase of the brand. We've seen this several times before in the evolution of GI Joe. That's too bad, since I really like the POC iteration of the line. But I also loved the 25th Anniversary and that was killed off to make way for ROC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO