Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I'll toss out Crazee Burger again, but it's not exactly within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'll toss out Crazee Burger again, but it's not exactly within walking distance.
    The closest one is 4 miles away, in Old Town, which means taking the Trolley. The other one is in North Park 5 miles away, only a small ways over the hill from Tycho's place but no easy trolley to get there, may as well just meet in front of Tycho's palce. I'm not saying no to the one in Old Town, but leaving the Gas Lamp district and Downtown seems a bit much considering most of us probably have more stuff to do at the con that evening.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. I don't know much in the Gaslamp, at least that won't be crowded as snot.

I'd like to meet up with you all and maybe I'll be able to, but I don't want to commit, since I'm going with someone else and I've already committed her to being in lines for much of the first two days. She's got her to do list also. Have you considered the Tin Fish? I eat there just about everyday at the convention. Richard Walker's Pancake House is delicious, but cramped. If you have not tried it before, I highly recommend it.

Tin fish? Is that the one in front of the Omni hotel??

I'd like to meet up, but don't want to set anything in stone yet, as plans could change. Sat. afternoon will be good as I am carpooling and not driving that day

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. I don't know much in the Gaslamp, at least that won't be crowded as snot.
    Oh, I see.

The Gaslamp is right across the street from the convention center, specifically across from Halls D through H. When you cross the street at the light at Hall D, you are presented with a fork in the road, left is downtown, right is the Gaslamp gateway, the area has a nicer look to it, and more taverns. It will be crowded as snot in a grubby 7-year-old with a cold at Disneyland, wiping his nasty little nose on his arm and snurfing every 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I'd like to meet up with you all and maybe I'll be able to, but I don't want to commit, since I'm going with someone else and I've already committed her to being in lines for much of the first two days. She's got her to do list also. Have you considered the Tin Fish? I eat there just about everyday at the convention. Richard Walker's Pancake House is delicious, but cramped. If you have not tried it before, I highly recommend it.
    Ok, well keep in touch.

I haven't considered Tin Fish only because it's literally the first restaurant when you cross the street, and always looks packed. Hopefully we'll have around 9 or 10 people like we did in '07 and '08, and finding a table that close to the convention center for that many will be... challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Tin fish? Is that the one in front of the Omni hotel??

I'd like to meet up, but don't want to set anything in stone yet, as plans could change. Sat. afternoon will be good as I am carpooling and not driving that day
    It is the one in front of the Omni, yes. A couple years ago, NBC rented it out to do a press event unveiling the new Knight Rider there, and look how well that turned out for them.

Ok, so we have a lot of mebbes.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If the Tin Fish serves what their name implies, I wouldn't be able to eat there unless one of you is a paramedic. I'm not saying it's out, just that I can't eat fish.

If the Tin Fish serves what their name implies, I wouldn't be able to eat there unless one of you is a paramedic. I'm not saying it's out, just that I can't eat fish.
    I have a similar problem, I can't eat tin.

It looks as if Saturday night is the plan and thus my streak of attending these dinners will be broken.

However, if all goes according to plan (unfortunately, not much has gone according to plan with regards to SDCC '11), I should be able to see most if not all of you inside the con. may the force be with me on that!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    It looks as if Saturday night is the plan and thus my streak of attending these dinners will be broken.

However, if all goes according to plan (unfortunately, not much has gone according to plan with regards to SDCC '11), I should be able to see most if not all of you inside the con. may the force be with me on that!
    The plan is Saturday Afternoon, around 1:15 or 2ish. Hopefully that'll work better for your schedule. It should, that seems to be panel-death time.

Hope to see you inside the con, best of luck, may the Force be with you! (Haven't typed that in a long while.)