Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89
  1. #1

    Comic-Con 2011 SSG Get Together

    I know SDCC management has been dragging their feet on the schedule for this year's Comic-Con, so I understand there isn't yet a way to confirm details or even find a time we can all meet up. But we should start talking now about getting together since there's less than a month until Comic-Con. Whether it's lunch, dinner, something else, it's always cool to meet up with our forum friends.

    So, who is going, and who would like to meet up?

    I'll start by saying "me!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #2
    If we want to go off-site during evening hours, I'm proposing Tioli's Crazee Burger. Where else can you get a hamburger made out of a carnivorous swamp reptile?

  3. #3
    JT, I can't commit yet as I'm waiting on the refunded one day passes to go on sale. This year has been disastrous for me as far as SDCC logistics!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, I can't commit yet as I'm waiting on the refunded one day passes to go on sale. This year has been disastrous for me as far as SDCC logistics!
    I'm really sorry to hear it. The refunded 1-day passes are already gone too, I hope you got them. The SDCC management has really fumbled this year all the way around, that sucks you got caught in the wash.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear it. The refunded 1-day passes are already gone too, I hope you got them. The SDCC management has really fumbled this year all the way around, that sucks you got caught in the wash.
    I got shut out again, JT. I just assumed the computer at work would be firewalled (turned out not to be- arghhh) and so I had to rely on the phone browser. That auto refreshing queue stopped refreshing after 20 minutes. A very disappointing experience for me.


    However, I did get housing through that lottery in March and I can't get a refund now so I'll probably make the trip to SD. So, I might actually be at this get together?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    However, I did get housing through that lottery in March and I can't get a refund now....
    Words cannot express the suck. Maybe with the movie studios seeming to back away from SDCC, it might be easier to get in in the future?

    Want me to see if I can sneak you in my backpack or something?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Words cannot express the suck. Maybe with the movie studios seeming to back away from SDCC, it might be easier to get in in the future?

    Want me to see if I can sneak you in my backpack or something?
    Chux, how about bringing me a Zarana in that backpack?

    Over 10,000 people got in the virtual line for the refunded one day passes today so clearly they are not meeting the demand on those. Plus that has to be really taxing on the servers to refresh 10,000 computers every 2 minutes.

    At least for the non presence of the Avengers film, I'm sure it's because Disney has their D23 Expo the following month and they'd rather use it as a draw for their event.

    My phone has always worked fine when ordering from Mattycollector.com which I used to think was the worst online ordering system ever. Congrats, SDCC, you've topped Matty in that department.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I got shut out again, JT. I just assumed the computer at work would be firewalled (turned out not to be- arghhh) and so I had to rely on the phone browser. That auto refreshing queue stopped refreshing after 20 minutes. A very disappointing experience for me.


    However, I did get housing through that lottery in March and I can't get a refund now so I'll probably make the trip to SD. So, I might actually be at this get together?
    Wow, that really sucks, I'm super sorry to hear it Bran. The SDCC management has so much to answer for (their screwy system pre-approved me for press credentials this year but never gave the email access to get them). What's the story on your housing lottery? Is it something you can transfer to someone else so you don't have to take the trip down there and not get in the door?

    Over 10,000 people got in the virtual line for the refunded one day passes today so clearly they are not meeting the demand on those. Plus that has to be really taxing on the servers to refresh 10,000 computers every 2 minutes.
    The problem is that they've maxxed out the amount of space they have, they can't have more people without more space. There is a real dubious point to that though, Management has a ton of smaller rooms behind Ballroom 20 which are reserved for celebrity interviews, and had they opened more of that space to panels, they could have gotten another 5,000 people into the show at least (I think the smaller rooms hold like 250 or 500 people, they have I think 2 dozen rooms reserved for that stuff).

    At least for the non presence of the Avengers film, I'm sure it's because Disney has their D23 Expo the following month and they'd rather use it as a draw for their event.
    That's a good point, I thought it was just because money is down, but your argument has more appeal to it.

    My phone has always worked fine when ordering from Mattycollector.com which I used to think was the worst online ordering system ever. Congrats, SDCC, you've topped Matty in that department.
    Damn, they are well known on the web as being worst of the worst too, so that's really saying something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #9
    Line-Con beckons!!!! Last year, my lady friend and I spent about an hour in line on Sunday for the 2011 tickets. They sold out 10 minutes after we got ours. I'm hoping to get into the HTS and Entertainment Earth lines on preview night, if I can. Last year was lucky for me in that respect. I got Hasbro out of the way that night and had pre-ordered my Mattel haul. I suspect EE will not be as well-prepared as HTS and Mattel for the amount of scalpers, I mean fans, in line that night. I just really want the DCUC/MOTUC 2 pack and Masterpiece Rodimus. I'm willing to coordinate lining up with any of us going.

  10. #10
    JT, SDCC management is probably just going to look at the fact that passes sold out so quickly and ignore everything else, unfortunately.

    I'm also annoyed by the hotel/badge combos that they were offering last week. Had I not secured housing through their lottery process in March, I might have considered that combo. Or else, they should have offered more hotel/badge combos from the get go and included more of the downtown hotels in that.



    Maradona, I wouldn't mind helping in the lining up for exclusives but I am badge less.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO