Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

That's not a bad idea, if they have limits of 2 or more on this stuff, we could gang up on HTS and EE, one person wait in one line, the other wait in the opposite, then they each get the stuff the other needs and split the goods.
    Count me in. I've communicated with Biker Scout and Darkagent usually shows up too - always after I've already been in line for much of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I see. Stupid F'ing management is trying to run the whole SDCC site through Facebook, it seems. That's why I missed out on parking at the convention center proper, they couldn't be bothered to PUT IT IN THEIR NEWFEED! They're an abomination running the con this year so badly and already making plans to run it WORSE next year.

Oh? He talked you into saying it was just the toilet?
    About Tycho, what happened was that at Sideshow, he just had to tell them that he preordered Aayla from the hospital bed and then he asked if the girl that took his order was around and it turns out she was so they talked for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Comic-Con management (or their Facebook-posting intern) responded to someone posting the article figgy referred to earlier, and didn't dispute it.

Well, folks, if there's only a 3-hour window for getting the tickets, during the Con, of course, and a 67% increase in the prices, I'll be bowing out. It's not that I can't afford it, I just choose to not afford it. The value of Comic-Con is not $175 per person. Period. It's cheaper to pay the markup on any exclusives I want if none of my friends can snag them for me. As for the half-price graphic novels, well, I can get them for 30% off at Amazon or Borders, and that 20% extra over the whole year doesn't make up for the difference, either.

Making the 4-day passes cost more than the individual days is the most boneheaded, illogical business move I've ever heard of. That'd be like Disneyland charging $50 per day and $19,000 for an annual pass.
    I'm right behind you in line on this, Chux. I'm really going to consider going to the SW Celebration next year over SDCC if this tomfoolery keeps up.

Paying shipping to HTS or Mattycollector doesn't seem so bad in compared to the hoops that SDCC management is requiring us to jump through just to attend.

And to expand further upon JT's point about them announcing everything through Facebook and Twitter, for the onsale of the refunded badges, they expected us to constantly check up on Twitter for a one hour heads up announcement for the sales. I can't help but wonder that I probably could have gotten at least one day's pass had I been able to be at a computer rather than trying it by phone whereby the browser just froze after 20 minutes.

Guys, I just saw this pass come up at another site. Not sure if it's appropriate to post it here (if it is, sorry JT), but I thought you might want to get in a free screening:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/win...omic-con-14173

Funny, I was just wondering if Marvel was going to do a screening like this with that film coming out. I'll pass b/c it's something that you can see for a while (just have to pay). Don't wanna miss any panels or stuff Thurs. Would be cool to get that poster though.

Is the mgmt for CC new this year?? Cause they're off to a bad start. I've got a bad feeling about this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Guys, I just saw this pass come up at another site. Not sure if it's appropriate to post it here (if it is, sorry JT), but I thought you might want to get in a free screening:

Did you guy read the comments on that site? They say the colors he is wearing is an insult to the Mexican community. What a racist idiot. It's Captain America, not Captain South America.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Did"]http://www.latinoreview.com/news/win-passes-to-see-captain-america-the-first-avenger-at-comic-con-14173

Did you guy read the comments on that site? They say the colors he is wearing is an insult to the Mexican community. What a racist idiot. It's Captain America, not Captain South America.
    I get what you mean, though Mexico is in North America. Technically, the American continents stretch from the northernmost tip of Canada to the southernmost edge of Argentina. But, quite honestly, the film should retain the title CAPTAIN AMERICA in worldwide release. The United States of America's involvement in World War 2 (the setting for the film and the impetus for the creation of the character) positively shaped the course of human history. No studio, regardless of the political climates in other countries, should be ashamed of keeping this film's title throughout its entire run, instead of rebranding it as The First Avenger. I look forward to seeing CAPTAIN AMERICA at Comic Con.

Comic-Con management (or their Facebook-posting intern) responded to someone posting the article figgy referred to earlier, and didn't dispute it.

Well, folks, if there's only a 3-hour window for getting the tickets, during the Con, of course, and a 67% increase in the prices, I'll be bowing out. It's not that I can't afford it, I just choose to not afford it. The value of Comic-Con is not $175 per person. Period. It's cheaper to pay the markup on any exclusives I want if none of my friends can snag them for me. As for the half-price graphic novels, well, I can get them for 30% off at Amazon or Borders, and that 20% extra over the whole year doesn't make up for the difference, either.

Making the 4-day passes cost more than the individual days is the most boneheaded, illogical business move I've ever heard of. That'd be like Disneyland charging $50 per day and $19,000 for an annual pass.
    The 4-day passes are supposed to now cost EXACTLY what buying 4 single-day passes would cost, so that folks who are going only 2 or 3 days don't buy the 4-day pass to save money and waste a 4-day pass. Of course, this thinking flies in the face of the POINT of a full-show pass, but since the SDCC people now have their audience in the palm of their hands, they can pull whatever they want. The funny thing is, we're talking about nearly $200 so that big movie and TV studios can advertise at us, that doesn't seem right at all, and then the Comic-Con showrunners get paid BY THOSE STUDIOS, so they're getting it from every direction, and they're a non-profit!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    About Tycho, what happened was that at Sideshow, he just had to tell them that he preordered Aayla from the hospital bed and then he asked if the girl that took his order was around and it turns out she was so they talked for a little bit.
    Oh yeah, now I remember that part of the excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post

We have other SDCC threads that aren't about the get-together, but since this is an event folks might want to try to get together at, it's ok here too.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Funny, I was just wondering if Marvel was going to do a screening like this with that film coming out. I'll pass b/c it's something that you can see for a while (just have to pay). Don't wanna miss any panels or stuff Thurs. Would be cool to get that poster though.

Is the mgmt for CC new this year?? Cause they're off to a bad start. I've got a bad feeling about this.....
    True point about Thursday, that day is a bit heavily booked for me too. This happened to me every year, I just realized, access to movies at Comic-Con that I can't go to because of counter-scheduling.

I don't know that the management for SDCC is new the last 2 years, but I have suspected it since Shel Dorf passed away a couple years ago, things seemed to take a really bad turn last year and have cascaded even worse this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    I think he's being sarcastic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ok, I have moved the posts that are purely about the disastrous 2012 badge purchasing situation into the other Comic-Con thread, the one about the disastrous 2011 badge purchasing situation.

So, anybody else interested in getting together during Comic-Con?

Who is definitely on board?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm assuming I am, but the devil would be in the details. Same place as in the past?

I'm assuming I am, but the devil would be in the details. Same place as in the past?
    That's an interesting question. Last year, it was just Steve, Figrin Bran, Tycho, and me, we ended up going to Tycho's favorite place to get bad service while ogling waitresses, it was too loud to have a conversation, and a bit of a walk, and I think everybody's order was some degree of wrong.

The main lawn in front of the Hilton the last 2 years has been growing more and more taken-over by the studios' advertising schemes, so the rest of the grass is highly doodied (it's technically a dog park, but in '07 and '08 it wasn't a problem, last year it was). So I don't know, I guess we should discuss that too.

Anybody got any other suggestions? There are a million restaurants in the area, but they're all loud and the ones I've seen are generally small tables only.