New Pictures of the Figures

This thread is probably not what you expected: it is a challenge!

To those of you out there with a digital camera, or photoshop, if you are interested, I'd love to see pictures of the modern collection by group themes.

Not dioramas, but kind of like group shots of the figures just standing there - such as all the cantina aliens from the modern collection.

I was tempted to do this myself - as you can even without a digital camera: just copy the photos of figures on the web and make them all the same size in comparison to each other, then collage them together and make sure the backgrounds match.

I'd do the Tantive IV characters, now including R4M9, Death Star Battle Figures, etc. I personally just don't have the time.

Anyone else want to start a picture posting thread starring grouped figure shots?

Go for it! Post away: here!

Um, why?

Actually, I posted a pic of my collection of imperials somewhere round here. All they do is stand in formation. That's basically all a figure can do. Are you saying like take a family snapshot of the figures? I think it's be funnier to group figures in bizarre situations with captions. That's a bit more creative. there used to be someone posting in the old forums who did that. I forget who momentarily but it was really funny. kinda like stillakid did with his stormtroopers dancing on top of the monitor.

Just a suggestion that's all. I'm not trying to shoot your idea down here Tycho before you go getting mad.

You have a practical suggestion, too: comedic pictures.

I just thought a picture of all the cantina aliens, just layed out such as like in the old collector case trays, would rock.

You could do:

Tantive IV
    Purchase of the Droids / Homestead / Jundland figures
    Cantina characters (with Han and Chewie)
    Death Star adventure group
    Battle of Yavin figures
    Hoth Figures
    Bespin Figures
    Jabba's Forces
    Endor Figures
    Jedi Duel Figures
    Naboo Forces
    Trade Federation army
    Jedi Knights
    Pod Racers / Mos Espa aliens / Skywalker family
    Senators / aliens that could belong there

that sort of thing. We'd see what we have, and see what we're missing. - like 5 members of the Jedi Council, Ewoks, Niemoidians, certain major Jabba's Palace creatures, etc. and we'd see what we have. It's more appreciating the figures, than showing off dioramas - the alternative. That's what I do - dioramas, but I have maybe 10 sandtroopers and 1 Garindan in Mos Eisley. "Long Snout" could feel so under-represented

Here are some

Oh no, I forgot them, sorry!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Exclamation You are such a freeek!

That is too silly Jek. I knew there were more reasons why I liked you!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Honestly this time, here is a picture of Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Dual)

Oh,it's happened again!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Wow Jek, these are amazing!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I'm trying to get a good picture of Radioactive Amanaman. With some work, I've got him looking sweet under a blacklight.

I've also illuminated the yellow on OOM-9, and enhanced Eeth's lightsaber. Maul looks really bad with his glowing red face...and pink lightsaber.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by JangoFett96
    I aim to please.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Originally posted by JangoFett96
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008