Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SideShow Twelve Inch Battle Droids 2-pack!

This is a great value - and useful, too. I ordered the exclusive with one of the droids having a 1138 backpack.

Hope they do Super Battle Droids and Destroyer Droids, not to mention General Grievous and his body guard droids, too!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm not sure about the value thing. I did also order the exclusive thanks to your text yesterday, but I wonder why such an uninspired exclusive. I guess a commander or a geonosian red model would cut down on reusing the design later. These look good, but they better look awesome in person because if they cheap out on the deco, it'll look worse than the Hasbro 12" and that'd suck at $60 a figure. In fact, examining the pics they have up now, I can see a little of that Hasbro-style cheapness coming through, plastics that don't look up to snuff, and joints in the wrong place, so I hope it looks tighter in person.

I really want to ask them what's up with the neck for transformation though, it looks like they pulled a Hasbro and had it telescope in rather than fold forward - if that's the case, I'm going to be cross with them, that's nonsense!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The one main thing that came across in all of the photos of these was how well they stood unassisted, which gives me hope that the material being used is a better grade plastic than Hasbro used. Plus, they fold up! How cool is that?

Something that made me chuckle though....if folks are feeling a little "Clone Fatigue" from all of the various clones that have hit over the past few years, wait until we see the umpteenth paint scheme/variation on these as Sideshow milks these for as long as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    The one main thing that came across in all of the photos of these was how well they stood unassisted, which gives me hope that the material being used is a better grade plastic than Hasbro used. Plus, they fold up! How cool is that?

Something that made me chuckle though....if folks are feeling a little "Clone Fatigue" from all of the various clones that have hit over the past few years, wait until we see the umpteenth paint scheme/variation on these as Sideshow milks these for as long as possible...
    You are not kidding. I wanted to ask them if all the droids in the booth were actual releases or customs, they've been known to do that, but I suspect they're all actual releases. Geonosis Droids, Commander Droids, Geonosis Commander Droids, Security Droids, Pilot Droids, I think they're going to try to milk this mold to death.

The piece looks nice, but the plastic on the samples I saw them setting up definitely didn't have the level of color integrity that the prototype photo version does, they had that Hasbro plastic look. I'm hoping that's not the case though. The joints seemed to be clicky which hopefully will help with wilting. Folding up is nothing impressive to me, they use the same cheaty telescoping neck that Hasbro does, the rest is simply cut-aways in the backs of the calf pieces and full range on the elbows.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

These look great, and no doubt there will be a plethora of variations to come. Unfortunately, as expensive as SW collecting is these days, this product doesn't make the cut.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'm not sure if I'll buy any more beyond the exclusive 1138 pack I signed up for.

I have 4 Hasbro E1 battle droids (2 are Hasbro OOM-9s) and they suffice.

I am setting up a lot of my figures now.

I think for those that do not buy the 3 3/4" line, these droids will find a market. The mainline SW collectors have more financial constraints, what with 3 3/4" vehicles like the Republic Attack Shuttle and army-building figures, etc.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The STAP with BD piques my interest...we'll see if they still look good around PO time ...

I think the STAP is being sold separately from the BD as an environment piece (probably required licensing issue), and it looked good, but I don't remember its price tag.

I didn't know about a STAP.

I think I'll have to order that. It's on my want-list I believe.

Just got my ship-warning email, and it's 1 week out, Jan 6th, 2012. Yeah, great, right after xmas I get to decide whether I will scrape up $140 with shipping and tax or cancel my order, awesome timing. This is one item I would have preferred to have seen more of the production versions of before deciding, it's a lot of scratch.