Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SideShow Commander Gree

I just put my order in for Gree, along with the Battle Droids 2-pack.

Cmdr. Gree was on my "not-yet-made-but-want" shopping list. (Man does a Nikto, Weequay, or Bespin (red) Gown Princess Leia ever top that one now!)

But Gree looks good and I hope they'll make a Kashyyyk camou-armor Scout Clone Trooper to go with him, as well.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I just put my order in for Gree, along with the Battle Droids 2-pack.

Cmdr. Gree was on my "not-yet-made-but-want" shopping list. (Man does a Nikto, Weequay, or Bespin (red) Gown Princess Leia ever top that one now!)

But Gree looks good and I hope they'll make a Kashyyyk camou-armor Scout Clone Trooper to go with him, as well.
    Not me. I've been sick of Gree since Hasbro's first figure when everybody was freaking out that his straps were just paint. This is one of the most over-produced clones in Star Wars compared to what he does, and the design of his armor is a sloppy mess. That said, at least Sideshow got the hair right on his portrait.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm looking forward to having all of the Clone Commanders rendered by Sideshow, and Gree is no exception.

Judging from all of the pictures that have come out of the Con (as well as the ones on Sideshow's site), there are major discrepancies in Gree's appearance and paint scheme on the figure. The almost "mustard"- like coloring used in the camo patterns on the forearms and thigh pieces is really bright and overwhelming...and odd choice considering the more muted green-gray tones the film version features. It's an issue that has many folks abuzz and hopefully, Sideshow will address before production. I'd hate for this significant entry in the Clone Commander line-up to be stumble after the excellent Commander Cody (and hopefully the forthcoming Bly)...

We'll see...

I just got my Cmdr Gree yesterday. That's what I assume is in the SideShow box. I haven't had time to even open it.

But I'm just reminding all the 1/6th scale fans that the Gree thread is here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well I opened him and he's pretty awesome but does NOT come with the Phase I helmet.

I was not planning to display him this way, but all the other Clone Commanders from SideShow are similarly priced I believe, but they also come with their Clone Wars annimated helmets:

Cody - YES
    Bly - YES
    Gree - NO

Troops - NONE:

501st
    Shocktroopers (formerly Coruscant Security Division in the CW era - like Cmdr. Thire's men)
    Utopau
    Gree's men (Kashyyyk color)
    Gray Coruscant

Let's see: they need to make:

Standard white Phase II (ROTS) Clone
    Galactic Marines (and Bacara is coming out)

AOTC Phase I Clone Commander (Yellow) and Lieutenant (Blue), the latter also being Rex's men in Phase I gear.

It's not surprising, Gree's look in Phase 1 armor is totally different from Phase 2 armor. The phase 1 look is white with green stripes, it's too different from his ROTS look. Still, for the price, they really need to justify these things better.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GREE-05.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	25698

Gree arrived this week...finally got a chance to unbox him and have a look...

...and WOW! I'm really impressed with this one....as with most of these figures, one can get decent pictures, but the figure always looks better "in hand" than any picture can show, and that's especially the case with Gree.

The oft-debated camo patterns may not be entirely "film-accurate", but the application of them is really good...lots of effective layering and detail...and if one lines the armor pieces up well, they really look cool.

The mixed-media really looks good, with the faux-leather suspenders adding a great texture to the upper body. He comes with two antennae (in case one gets bent-lost I suppose) and it's scaled well too.

He comes with the standard clone gear of alternate hands, running feet and the two blaster rifles each clone has featured. Sideshow also included a pistol (but no where to put/carry it on the figure) and the helmet-free portrait that is modeled on his twin-mohawk look he feature on the CW series.

One accessory that would have been a cool touch (especially since he was seen on screen with it) is the holo-projector hand with the Sidious holo that came with Cody) but for whatever reason Sideshow opted not to include one.

The base body on the figure I received is one of the best - tight joints allowing the figure to stand freely and hold poses. and pegs on the feet/hands the change and stay in position easily.

I've enjoyed all of the clones Sideshow has produced so far and it's been good to see the little improvements that have been implemented into production along the way (like the now-standard fabric body glove, better and tighter base bodies, the crotch-grabber stand for better displays, the ever improving paint apps)...these Commanders have been especially well rendered. I'm looking forward to Bacara (and hopefully Neyo) to create an awesome ROTS clone commanders display that will end up being the centerpiece of the "Militaries of Star Wars" collection!

Here's a couple more shots ...enjoy!

Name:	GREE-06.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	25695 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GREE-03.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	25697

At first I was trying to decipher what you meant, JT - but yes you are correct: Gree's BODY ARMOR is white with green stripes before his deployment to Kashyyyk in ROTS.

So since the figure would need a whole new body to match a phase-1 helmet - is why a phase-1 Gree would be a separate figure.

That they didn't at least include the Chancellor's hologram is a whole 'nother issue. That's already sculpted and Gree was seen with it - so pack in Cody's accessory!

(This is the only chance to re-use it, as Bly, Bacara, and Neyo were not seen with the hand-held holos and the pilot that killed Plo Koon got a dashboard holo transmission in his ARC Fighter.

JediBear, I like the first photograph. Yes, Gree looks awesome in person and doesn't photograph well enough to do the figure justice though.

I would like for SideShow to make the Kashyyyk scout trooper - or Commander Faie.

Another look at Gree...

"The droids have begun their attack..."

Name:	GREE-YODA-03.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	25923

"Then now the time is, Commander."

Name:	GREE-YODA-01.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	25924

These are some of your best pictures jedibear