Article: StarWarsShop.com Closing

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Gotta say, this comes as a bit of a surprise. Any information beyond "we're closing in two days"? Between this and the lack of a Hall H panel at Comic-Con, if I didn't know better, I'd think Lucasfilm was in financial trouble.

They're in financial trouble so they shut down a store, which would be making them money? How does that make sense? Chux's good-ol' conspiracy theories aside, this is bizarre. I wonder what they'll do with the merchandise that's left over?

Wow, that's crazy. I didn't order much from SWS, but they had some stuff I couldn't get anywhere else. Now what? And Chux, don't forget that they also closed down the fan club as well! And I just read that they're closing down SW Galaxies this year too. What is going on?!? Are we seeing a repeat of how it went to pieces in '85?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wow, that's crazy. I didn't order much from SWS, but they had some stuff I couldn't get anywhere else. Now what? And Chux, don't forget that they also closed down the fan club as well! And I just read that they're closing down SW Galaxies this year too. What is going on?!? Are we seeing a repeat of how it went to pieces in '85?
    I assume they're closing down SW Galaxies to make way for The Old Republic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I assume they're closing down SW Galaxies to make way for The Old Republic, no?
    SOE and LFL agreed to it, and since Sony there isn't part of SW:TOR, I don't see why they'd be so thrilled to make way for TOR. Plus, TOR is in an entirely different era, it's not like they can't coexist. But the reality seems to be that the very announcement of TOR was the death mark for Galaxies, since it was already suffering dwindling interest.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It seems to me they are simply changing their marketing model to a more efficient method. "We are hard at work on finding new ways to showcase Star Wars merchandise"

JJL, I said, "If I didn't know better...." Usually stores close down when they're not doing well. See: Circuit City, CompUSA, Mervyn's, KB Toys, and (soon, maybe even this week) Borders.

Just seems extremely odd to suddenly shut down with two (weekend) days' notice.