Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sideshow 12" Boba Fett

Right after putting IG-88 up for pre-sale (and for $179 at that), Sideshow has added Boba Fett, Grevious and 4-Lom? to their 12" ranks. Hoping for the $125 range, but I figure that they will name $150 since the sticker shock from IG-88 is recent.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I see from one of the shots in SirSteve's SDCC gallery that Boba is going for $160. Looking at that superbly done prototype (and hoping that the production figure comes extremely close to it) and considering the now-going rates for high-end figures, the price isn't shocking. Love it to cheaper, but....it is what it is.

Judging from the con shots, the figure looks great. I'm loving the ESB look and detailing. I'll order this one for sure and can't wait to display him with Lando - "This deal is getting worse all the time!"

Fett was a good-looking piece, but the pricetag seems so excessive, like "Hot Toys-only Import" excessive. Vader was $40 less, the Stormtrooper was $70 less, Rex and all the other clones are around $40 less with the same amount of accessories and little pointy things plus more armor.

The new Luke Bespin in the display is Hot Toys. 4-LOM in the display is a Medicom piece (and I hope an unfinished prototype, because yikes was it "not there").

Sideshow's Grievous looks good, but $200?!? That's Premium Format territory! And their prototype was already wilting!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Fett was a good-looking piece, but the pricetag seems so excessive, like "Hot Toys-only Import" excessive....
    ...Sideshow's Grievous looks good, but $200?!? That's Premium Format territory! And their prototype was already wilting!
    Not to play the devil's advocate here but...I can almost forgive the Boba price. The Bespin-themed display base (which lights up if I'm not mistaken) and the high effort of cut-n-sew going on here does approach the HT territory...plus, it's not too much of a shock to see them ask a little more for a character that is extremely popular and looks pretty well rendered. I guess part of the picture will be the eventual edition size...if it's 5000 or so, well, okay....if it's straddling 10,000 than...ouch!

The Grievous was wilting already...arrghhh. Well, it is just the prototype still "under development" so we'll see. I like the look of the piece, but the one observation I have judging from the pic of him at SDCC is...he seems more inspired by Hasbro's stunted original action figure (in stature anyway) rather than the tall, lanky film (and later Hasbro) version.

Don't get me wrong...I think it looks good...it just looks a little "off" is all...

Boba is an instant buy for me but he does look off. His helmet isnt wide enough on the sides. Hopefully it gets tweaked before release.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Not to play the devil's advocate here but...I can almost forgive the Boba price. The Bespin-themed display base (which lights up if I'm not mistaken) and the high effort of cut-n-sew going on here does approach the HT territory...plus, it's not too much of a shock to see them ask a little more for a character that is extremely popular and looks pretty well rendered. I guess part of the picture will be the eventual edition size...if it's 5000 or so, well, okay....if it's straddling 10,000 than...ouch!

The Grievous was wilting already...arrghhh. Well, it is just the prototype still "under development" so we'll see. I like the look of the piece, but the one observation I have judging from the pic of him at SDCC is...he seems more inspired by Hasbro's stunted original action figure (in stature anyway) rather than the tall, lanky film (and later Hasbro) version.

Don't get me wrong...I think it looks good...it just looks a little "off" is all...
    Does it come with a base? I hadn't noticed that, it would push it into HT territory. IMO, Fett needs to be an inclusive, not an exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Boba is an instant buy for me but he does look off. His helmet isnt wide enough on the sides. Hopefully it gets tweaked before release.
    The helmet does seem more like the ROTJ version than the ESB, but I don't mind that, there are some shots in ESB where it looks like that, and I think it looks better in general than the stunted ESB helmet. Still, accuracy is important.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got my shipping warning notice for Boba, 2 weeks from today. There was a little snafu with my shipping address (the policy is they won't ship to anything but a billing address) so I called and they emailed me a form to allow the Fett-man to ship to my house, right in my hot little hands.

I anxiously await your usual very thorough review! I probably won't see him up my way until the end of July at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I anxiously await your usual very thorough review! I probably won't see him up my way until the end of July at the earliest.
    We'll see if it arrives before SDCC or if it has to wait at my mailbox place for an extra week. I asked for Comic-Con pickup and they aren't doing it for the first time.

Ugh, Fett is scheduled to be delivered Monday, but I'll be driving out to San Diego early that day. UPS delivers generally at 2pm to 5pm, if they deliver early I will drive up to my mailbox place and get it before I head down, but I really want to avoid rush hour so I doubt that'll happen. AAAAH! No fair!