Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I'll repost about the fact that this arc is based on a Clone Wars comic series, Slaves of the Republic. It looks like what has happened so far fits with the comic more or less, aside from some character redesigns and that sort of thing, so it's more an adaptation than any of the previous, er, "borrowings" from the EU have been (and it's from its own comic based on the show, so now it's retconning something designed to fit with the show itself).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm not sure I would have gone there - repeating a comic. but Anakin dealing with slavery is important for his character - and Ahsoka's I guess, since Togrutus seemed to be rounded up and taken as slaves like we've seen done with Wookiees and Twi'leks.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It looks like they're going back through the Season Four episode guides and updating them with new trivia slideshows. I really missed the trivia from the previous ones, so I'm glad they're at least doing this now. I just read, for instance, that Prince Lee-Char is supposed to be named like Char-lee, after Charlie Tuna. Oh lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And... the citizens can't be found on the planet... at all!
    The jedi can feel the deaths of billions on people halfway around the galaxy, yet can't sense if there are any people in the city they are in?

I like the series but when will the writers remember that the main characters are Jedi?

I'm with JT on the second episode of the arc. "We go through all this trouble to disguise ourselves in order to infiltrate the enemy, but one governor faints and it's okay to blow our cover?" What exactly was the plan anyways? Find out where the slaves are and bring in a battle force that cannot be spared?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

So do we get the conclusion tonight? Or just how long is this hiatus, and why are they taking one in the middle of a 3-part story arc?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    So do we get the conclusion tonight? Or just how long is this hiatus, and why are they taking one in the middle of a 3-part story arc?
    The final episode in this arc is January 6. I think it's just poor planning on the part of Cartoon Network. Or maybe they're not proud of these, since they didn't really advertise them at all, and it seems like a weak way to bring it back for the second half of the season. There's a Death Watch episode the week after, so hopefully it'll pick back up around then.

I like the slaver episodes.

They're different.

I'm sure I'll enjoy Premier Vizla and Gang again, too.

Tonight we get another CW episode, the conclusion to whatever happened 3 weeks ago.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought this one was visually great, with cool action, but for some reason it's still been hard to get as into this arc as others in this series. I'm going to rewatch a lot of Season Four soon, so it might help to watch them back-to-back as opposed to spread out over too many weeks. The most interesting thing here, for me, was when Obi-Wan said he wouldn't kill an unarmed prisoner, and basically left it up to Rex to do the dirty work. That was a nice reflection of the Jedi and clones' roles in the war, to an extent.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the return of Death Watch next week, and the bounty-hunter-palooza shown in the Cartoon Network teaser. Cad Bane is finally back, and hopefully Embo will have more stuff to do this time. The Season Three DVD revealed that Bossk will return at some point (with a new, sharper redesign to be more menacing like the Trandoshans from Season Three), so hopefully he and Boba will be around for the fun as well.

Having watched the first few Season Three episodes with a friend recently, it's remarkable how much more cinematic this series has already become in that time, particularly after the developments in the Trandoshan episodes.

It was nice to have the most-recent epsiode on just before this new one. I thought the wrap-up was good; characters reacted as expected (Rex's ferocity, Obi-Wan's commitment to Jedi ideals, Anakin being rash but trying to be in control, Ahsoka following commands somewhat reluctantly, guards being cruel, Dooku taking no guff from anyone). For being put to hard labor with minimal food, the slaves sure were fast runners and nimble cable climbers at the end. And "parking" the cruiser under the base? Hmm.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega