Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Was "levity" the word you were looking for? Because I don't think this episode was shorter than any other.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I sure hope they venture (Maybe flashback) into Mauls survival story. Because if we are supposed to swallow "pure hatred" as the reason he survived...

Also, I know that Star Wars is fantasy and Sc-fi, but the whole witch craft thing bugs me. Not necessarily the spells themselves but the apparitions that Mother Gothel does just seems unbelievable. In fact, I was pretty sure Grevious killed her and that was why Savage's mystical Mace rock necklace was malfunctioning. Also, I love how she led Maul out of the Starship Troopers-esque spaceship with the laser pointer trick I use on cats.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Was "levity" the word you were looking for? Because I don't think this episode was shorter than any other.
    Oh yeah, oops. The dark side was clouding my mind.

It was also Raydonia, not Iridonia. I'm 0 for 2.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

It was entertaining. I hope Obi-Wan doesn't hook up with Ventress. Satine is more his type
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My thought at the end of this season-ender was: that was it? I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. So, there will be a sibling rival gang to the Sidious/Tyrannus duo, eh? Randy Savage Oppress and Hulk "Brother" Maulgan vs. Rowdy Obi-Kenobi and Miss Elizatress in Rasslemania Episode XXIII in the transparisteel cage match. I'm not sure if this one-on-one idea will work, instead of the galactic scope of the Clone Wars. Remember that they are still going on at this time? Title of the series? Hello?

I agree with DarthMetalmute about the "magic" aspect. It just doesn't fit, like how Durge didn't mesh with SW lore. Both were cool to watch I suppose, but they seem too out of place. The council allowing all these "revenge" type assignments on specific planets doesn't jibe well, either.

Sorry, but for me, this one was among the weakest ends to their seasons yet.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I hated the whole "magic" thing....it just smacked of "shortcut" story-telling. So MT waves her arms around and BAM! Maul gets some "Grievous-looking" legs. Really?

The whole "go on your own" thing with Obi-Wan didn't play well either. Aw forget it...this "Maul Returns" thing was just a bad idea, executed in a rush....it's almost like this show has a regular thing to end the season with now...some saga-style "stunt casting" with a little intergalatic shark-jumping thrown in. Had Boba for season two and last year's "Chewie" arc at least had a decent story and worked. This whole "Maul" thing did not.

I really thought this show was on a high for a good chunk of the season- great visuals, good story arcs, fine character development....but man, it crashed and burned with this finale.

Not in a hurry for season five now..,

This was a nothing episode, literally nothing of consequence happened, and nobody won, and not much made sense. It did tie together with the previous episodes in the arc only by sheer force of writers' will: Ventress becomes a bounty hunter so she can immediately track down Savage and help Obi-Wan -- how does any of that make sense? And Obi-Wan turning down Jedi Council assistance on Maul, that's a vital character if they can catch him, he has intel about the very beginnings of the war, who is behind it and so forth, but instead Obi-Wan seems to be thinking in the same way as the wrestler mindset of the 2 faux Sith (that wrestling-level writing is the only excuse for the tag team match at the end as well).

And that magic fixing his brain and legs, that was really lazy and stupid, Metalmute and JB called it there, felt out of sorts and a cheap shortcut. This was a cheap gimmick and undoes so much of what worked for this series.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are bad guys stupid by association, or just stupidly written. Why do they always have to make a huge deal out of revenge? They had Kenobi outnumbered and beaten, but yet chose to put him in a ship and take him somewhere instead of just killing him. Good writing would have at least had Ventress get there in time to stop the beating instead of on the ship.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

IGN has a pretty good interview with Dave Filoni, covering all of Season Four and some of what's to come next year. It's a fun read.

Something about this season that struck me is how few arcs there were overall. Here is a list of the arcs so far, with how many episodes were in each, and whether or not they connected to previous stories. If something merely followed up on a storyline or characters from previous episodes but don't seem to be meant to follow right after each other chronologically, then I count that as separate (meaning the different Nightsisters stories I count as two separate arcs, not one). There's room for debate, but this is just a general list.

Season One
    1. Ambush (1)
    2. Malevolence (3)
    3. Rookies (1)
    4. R3-S6 (2)
    5. Hunt for Nute Gunray (3)
    6. Dooku Captured (2)
    7. Lurmen Village (2)
    8. Trespass (1)
    9. The Hidden Enemy (1) - combines with movie
    10. Blue Shadow Virus (2)
    11. Battle of Ryloth (3)
    12. Hostage Crisis (1)
    Total - 11 new arcs (only 10 arcs if Ambush and Ryloth trilogy are combined), 1 arc expansion

Season Two
    1. Holocron Heist (3)
    2. Second Battle of Geonosis (5)
    3. Hunt for Grievous (2)
    4. Lightsaber Lost (1)
    5. Rise of Death Watch (3)
    6. Senate Murders (1)
    7. Cat and Mouse (1) - combines with The Hidden Enemy and movie
    8. Bounty Hunters (1)
    9. Zillo Beast (2)
    10. Rise of Boba Fett (3)
    Total - 9 new arcs, 1 arc expansion

Season Three
    1. Clones on Kamino (2) - combines with Rookies
    2. Supply Lines (1) - combines with Ambush and Battle of Ryloth
    3. Sphere of Influence (1)
    4. Corruption on Mandalore (2)
    5. Hunt for Ziro (3) - combines with Hostage Crisis
    6. Clone Bill (2) - combines with Senate Murders
    7. Nightsisters (3)
    8. Mortis (3)
    9. Citadel (3)
    10. Trandoshan Hunters (2)
    Total - 6 new arcs, 4 arc expansions

Season Four
    1. Battle of Mon Cala (3)
    2. Shadow Warrior (1)
    3. Nomad Droids (2)
    4. Battle of Umbara (4)
    5. Slavers (3)
    6. A Friend In Need (1)
    7. Rako Hardeen (4)
    8. Rise of Darth Maul (4)
    Total - 8 new arcs

So this season had fewer overall arcs than any previous season, but none of them were retcons or expansions of previous episodes, though a few episodes followed up stories started previously (A Friend in Need, with Lux and Ahsoka's relationship, and the Darth Maul/Ventress episodes).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

JabbaJohn. I like lists. You did a good job.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.