Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I watched it last night after both TPM and AOTC on Blu-ray; alas, we were all too tired to continue to ROTS. The episodes were good visually and I liked the moments on Otoh Gunga, but I'll have to rewatch soon; the first episode, especially, seemed to go by really fast and not have much going on despite a lot of action. Maybe that was because they've shown quite a lot in the trailers already. So, not quite as good for me as last year's premiere, but still pretty good.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I watched both episodes last night. I didn't really enjoy them, I felt like they were missing more subtext for the Prince and the Quarrens, more character for the Prince and the utterly ridiculous CIS villain (holy crap did that guy suck worse than I could have imagined), and the underlying reason for bringing the Republic into the fight felt thinly weighed. Mainly, there were a lot of blue lasers and red lasers, but not a real sense of battle from anyone's point of view except the useless prince's. There wasn't drama except peril, and there certainly wasn't humor. Kit Fisto constantly smiling at everything got distracting and stupid, like they were actively trying to turn something good into something bad. There also didn't seem to be any sense of strategy on either side except for some hit-n-run stuff that evaporated the second it ended. And why the blasters and lightsabers are working under water is beyond sense.

Oh, and it also was incredibly murky and dingy to look at except for the red and blue GI Joe ARAH lasers, and there wasn't inspiration behind anything of the Mon Cal architecture.

And then it had the nerve to not even end its story, but continue into another episode. Honestly, they should have aired only 1 episode this week if it wasn't going to be a complete story. Or move up a different episode to take its place, because it didn't feel like a big heavy-hitting season premiere, it just felt like some time-filling episodes without enough inspiration behind them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not really related to the actual content of the programing, but I wanted to complain about the SW.com episode guide's new format. It seems like they've scaled the pages way back and got rid of the trivia section i enjoyed so much in the past few years. It was probably too much work for them but I loved watching the episodes and then looking to see if I'd missed any little easter eggs.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'm also quite saddened by the loss of the episode guides. I enjoyed keeping track of when the episodes were produced. Hopefully they'll at least keep doing the video commentary. I'm really not big on the official site's apparent new focus on visuals over content.

On the other hand, it looks like they now put the episodes up the day after they air instead of waiting until Monday. That's great for me since I don't have cable in my new apartment and won't be able to go home to watch every weekend.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

JediTricks - I liked the "shark-guy." He was a lot of fun - biting the necks of the Mon Calarmari and swimming like Jaws - especially in that tube attack scene that came straight from Jaws 3 or 4 (as did the shark growling - a dumb move for a Jaws movie, btw, but it was a fun homage in CW).

Anyway, I hope there will be a lot of action figures from this episode, including the Shark Guy, Capt. Ackbar, Anakin, Padme, and Ahsoka in aqua suits - perhaps one or more with a hydro-vehicle (Anakin and Ahsoka, with Padme carded), and figures of a Mon Cal and a Quarren Warrior, and shirtless Kit Fisto. Maybe even a hologram Dooku figure, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I loved the sharkman Riff Tamson also.

After the first pretty good episode, this was only so-so. Predictible, played-out story... almost reminded me quite a bit like ROJ (turning sides, electricity, living up to one's father, legions of troops being fought by "lesser" opponents who've banded together), with an ESB "altering the deal" aspect, too. The Jar Jar goop detail was odd, in most meanings of that word. Still no "trap" line; what's up with that? Looks like Obi-Wan's back for next time.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Anyone else pick up on the homage to Jaws both musically as Tamson swims at prince squid-boy and the manner in which he is defeated (even with shark bits raining down on the hero)?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I thought last nights episode was so so, I can't imagine next weeks will get high praise considering who the focal point will be.

Grievous? He's AWESOME!

Here's a MAJOR spoiler for next weeks episode Shadow Warrior if you want to watch it.

You've been warned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmlAc...layer_embedded