Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Finally got around to watching the S4 premiere episodes...

They went by so fast that they barely registered...I'll have to watch them again for more of an impression, but some quick thoughts....

The only good thing about the over-obvious villain shark guy is that he was killed in the end so....good riddance to boring villain. The one thing that kept catching my eye about him was the TIE-Fighter wing-looking emblem on his chest....what was that about?

Was it me or did the over-eager prince kid sound like Lursa and Bator's whiny nephew from those TNG Klingon episodes?

I didn't mind seeing the Gungans again...but where was Boss Nass when we (briefly) visit Otoh Gunga? And Jar Jar did provide a genuine laugh by saving Padme with a spit-lugi....(hey it wasn't a fart or poodoo joke for a change)...although since they bother having Jar Jar back, it's sad that Ahmed Best isn't doing the voice anymore...

I'll watch it again later and see if any more sticks...

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I didn't mind seeing the Gungans again...but where was Boss Nass when we (briefly) visit Otoh Gunga? And Jar Jar did provide a genuine laugh by saving Padme with a spit-lugi....(hey it wasn't a fart or poodoo joke for a change)...although since they bother having Jar Jar back, it's sad that Ahmed Best isn't doing the voice anymore...
    Do you mean Mr. Best's not doing it AFTER these 2 episodes? It sure sounded like him to me. Maybe no one else could do justice to Boss Nass' voice, aside from Brian Blessed (there are no problems with him, right?).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Boss Nass was just walking with the funeral procession in ROTS, so maybe he was simply invited as a former ally of Padme (and explain his absence in the Clone Wars events).
    "That's what Sheev said."

The only good thing about the over-obvious villain shark guy is that he was killed in the end so....good riddance to boring villain. The one thing that kept catching my eye about him was the TIE-Fighter wing-looking emblem on his chest....what was that about?

The emblem is the Separatist emblem, which has been around at least since 2005.

Ahmed Best does play Jar Jar. In the seven episodes in which Jar Jar speaks on this show, only three from season one had him played by BJ Hughes. For the three since then (and the first, Bombad Jedi), he's been played by Best.

Anyway, after rewatching the premiere episodes and then Prisoners, I like this arc better. Yes, we all knew Lee-Char was going to be king, but it was still executed pretty well.

I liked how the Mon Cala buildings were based on their ships from ROTJ, which I hadn't realized the first time. I also noticed that Captain Ackbar's staff/blaster was based on the accessory from the 1983 vintage figure, which was never seen elsewhere. Very cool.

Oh, and Riff Tamsen's Jaws death was just awesome.

Tarpals appeared behind Yoda's hologram in the Otoh Gunga scene, so I don't think it's a spoiler to say that he'll be in the next episode as well. I'm looking forward to his return. Apparently he's a general now (I wonder if Jar Jar gave up the title when he became a representative?).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for the clarification on Best/Jar Jar...just sounded a little "off" to me...glad he's still doing it since the character is moving away from bumbling fool to actually being helpful....

I caught that Kenner accessory reference for Ackbar right away...that was cool. And yes, the shark-head "Bruce" reference was pretty cool too...

I'll have to pay closer attention to that MonCal architecture when I watch it again...

Was it me or did the over-eager prince kid sound like Lursa and Bator's whiny nephew from those TNG Klingon episodes?
    Ha! He totally did!

I didn't mind seeing the Gungans again...but where was Boss Nass when we (briefly) visit Otoh Gunga?
    I dunno, but isn't he in the trailer for the season? So it's weird that they will be using him, but didn't bother here.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Looks like Nass retired.
    Pretty sure he's in the trailer for the season.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The episode guide for Shadow Warrior gives this synopsis:
    When the leader of the Gungans, Boss Lyonie, is injured it's discovered there is an uncanny resemblance between the Boss and Jar Jar Binks. Binks must sway his people from rising against the Naboo and stopping a Separatist invasion led by General Grievous.
    It sounds a lot like Kurosawa's film Kagemusha, which, of course, translates to "Shadow Warrior." That's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Pretty sure he's in the trailer for the season.
    I don't see him anywhere in this trailer. Are you sure you're not thinking of Tarpals?

So it looks like Lyonie is the current Boss. Nass is in ROTS wearing the Boss outfit at Padmé's funeral, so maybe he just likes those clothes.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I've never seen that trailer before. It's not the one I saw on Cartoon Network.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've been lurking with nothing to say (mostly to have some idea of what's going on and to see if anything might actually be of interest). If the new episode is a Kurosawa homage, I might have to give the series another chance for the tenth time and hope it appeals more this time.

Though if they really want to impress me, do a Clone Wars remake of Dursu Usala somehow.
    Tommy, close your eyes.