Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Tarpals appeared behind Yoda's hologram in the Otoh Gunga scene, so I don't think it's a spoiler to say that he'll be in the next episode as well. I'm looking forward to his return.
    Tarpals appearance isn't the spoiler I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've been lurking with nothing to say (mostly to have some idea of what's going on and to see if anything might actually be of interest). If the new episode is a Kurosawa homage, I might have to give the series another chance for the tenth time and hope it appeals more this time.

Though if they really want to impress me, do a Clone Wars remake of Dursu Usala somehow.
    They've already done a few Kurosawa homages/remakes. Lightsaber Lost was Stray Dog, and Bounty Hunters was Seven Samurai. Both were in Season Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid
    Tarpals appearance isn't the spoiler I was talking about.
    What is, then? The battle? I don't think he's dying here or anything, as Grievous is only hitting him with the staff, not the saber. But I wouldn't be surprised if he bit it during this episode.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Innnnnnnnteresting. I'll have to check those out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    What is, then? The battle? I don't think he's dying here or anything, as Grievous is only hitting him with the staff, not the saber. But I wouldn't be surprised if he bit it during this episode.
    Sure looks like he's stabbing him with the electrostaff to me.

I haven't chuckled at a SW:CW episode in quite some time. "Boss" vs. Grievous scene was great. General Tarpals?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I haven't chuckled at a SW:CW episode in quite some time. "Boss" vs. Grievous scene was great. General Tarpals?
    Yup, when Jar Jar was looking at the floor and then messing with the hight control of his chair I darn near lost it. I thought that was the perfect way to show somebody who was in a place where they didn't want to be pretending they were somebody else.

Although I must say yet another fight involving Smelly Boy and Dookers....ehhh. I think the "less is more."*

Trading Anakin for Grevious seems a pretty big deal, something that a senator would need to have ok'd by some sort of higher power.

Or do I have that totally wrong and they've only 'meet' in the movies?

You'd think the Jedi would suspect something is going on now between Padme and Anakin because of the trade now.

What if no one ever out about the trade? The Seps know Grievous is captured but maybe the Naboo or Padme never reported it and then Anakin was already taken?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

This episode was enjoyable. Jar Jar was funny. The look and story had a nice feel to it. Lots of cool looking craft. I liked the transport and another version of the Gungan sub. The Neimoidian walker looked the style of the one Sidious holograph was on.
    Padme was in her Battle outfit from Episode 1, if I'm not mistaken, so we might see her again in an animated version or better yet realistic updated or both. Too bad about Tarpals, but it was a good fight scene with Grievous

So Anakin and Grievous didn't actually meet, but it's the closest they've been to each other.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. It was a very fun TPM-flavored affair. Even though they've gone to Naboo before, it was good to see Otoh Gunga, a (somewhat different) bongo, Padmé's battle outfit, and kaadu; I especially liked the brief shot of Gungans riding kaadu underwater, that was cool.

It was striking to see Jar Jar and Grievous in the same scene, since they're so different. But the scene between them was pretty funny and it was nice to see such an unexpected match-up.

The battle between Grievous and the Gungans was fantastic. Grievous held his own for a while, but it was really cool to see the Gungans take him down with boomers. It's sad to see Tarpals go, but his sacrifice was really well done.

It was a little odd to have Tarpals and the Gungan warriors have such soft, round features when Jar Jar's are very harsh and angular as he hasn't gotten a redesign like the other main characters (even Padmé looks like a new model at this point).

At first I wondered why Padmé would be so willing to let the Separatists keep Anakin, but it shows that, even though she cares about him a great deal, she'll still do what's best for the Republic and its billions of citizens over what's good for just her. Anakin's exactly the opposite, of course, so it was interesting to see the difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    So Anakin and Grievous didn't actually meet, but it's the closest they've been to each other.
    I thought this was quite interesting. Grievous didn't see Anakin's face, so he doesn't know how old he is. Anakin was unconscious, so he doesn't know how tall Grievous is. They're really pushing it here.

Next week's show with the droids on Aleen looks fun as well. This time last year we were getting into the heavy political episodes; these ones are a little more enjoyable.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram