Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question STAR WARS: Underworld - the live action series *may* now have a working title...

IGN video interview with Rick McCallum

Apparently, Rick McCallum informs us that this would-be series already has 50 scripts written, just sitting on the shelf waiting for an financially sound way to produce these episodes. Through the course of the interview, McCallum reveals what may be the working title of the series. Should we be hopeful or should we just put our heads back down and go back to whatever we were doing before this story surfaced? I don't really know, but at least there's a little more information on the long-delayed Star Wars television programme. Right?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Does even George Lucas's mama care at this point?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

To quote Luke, "I care". I don't understand why it is taking this so long to get going. Isn't there a sound production time frame established by the Starz channel with their Spartacus series? I doubt they would need more special effects than that show, just more of a costuming budget.

It sounds like part of the problem is the amount of CGI they want in the show. Just dial that back! I know it can be cost-effective to do CGI ships as opposed to models, but as for the characters, just rewrite the species as ones that can be achieved with masks and make-up, maybe with digital touch-up afterwards (blinking Ewoks, anyone?).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It sounds like part of the problem is the amount of CGI they want in the show. Just dial that back! I know it can be cost-effective to do CGI ships as opposed to models, but as for the characters, just rewrite the species as ones that can be achieved with masks and make-up, maybe with digital touch-up afterwards (blinking Ewoks, anyone?).
    I agree with you there, JJL. I guess they are just trying to do this and get as much return on this as possible.

I think McCallum is issuing misinformation. Lucas has his hands full with 3Ding the movies, and finishing up the Clone Wars. I haven't heard anything as far as release schedule for the 3Dified versions of the other movies. But TPM is just around the corner. Clone Wars will probably wrap after one more season. So that takes us into 2013. With nothing really coming after. Enter Underworld. If this series is supposed to take place between ROTS and ANH it would make sense to start the pilot of Underworld just after ROTS 3D has hit theaters. AOTC 3D 2013, ROTS 3D 2014.

Think about it. Would you seriously write 50 scripts worth of stories (two seasons if 24 episodes makes one season) without a better game plan than "We want to wait for cost to drop"? I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    Think about it. Would you seriously write 50 scripts worth of stories (two seasons if 24 episodes makes one season) without a better game plan than "We want to wait for cost to drop"? I wouldn't.
    Actually, this is old information. Lucas said the same thing about 2 years ago, so it's not misinformation. Additionally, the bit about finding a more cost effective way of producing the show is also old news in that something was said back in the late winter as they were ramping up the BD promotional appearances and press releases.

Oh I know this has been their reasoning for some time. I still think its bogus.

I know most would disagree, but I'm so underwhelmed by the Clone Wars Mark II and so put off by live-action science fiction TV anyway that I have pretty much no desire to see this anymore.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well Chux, you're just being a spoilsport.

I was enjoying this thread until you posted!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.