Han Solo with lightsaber?

Call me crazy but I thought at one point in time POTF came out with a Han Solo with luke's lightsaber in hoth gear? Anyone remember this?

No, you're not crazy - here it is: http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0313hansolohr.asp Though strictly speaking it was from the "Saga" range, rather than POTF (or POTF2, which was the first of the modern Hasbro figures).
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Wasn't that also the blue/brown jacket "controversy" figure? I don't care if the "fact" that the movie prop jacket is brown, I still believe it was blue (I mean, how many times did Kenner err in its figure line? Never; correct. ).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Sebilla, I could have sworn when I was growing up I saw a Green Back POTF 2, Han solo in hothgear with luke's lightsaber. I tried to research but nothing comes up. Strange why they didnt come out with one for him, until the Saga Collection

A quick image check shows a Hoth Luke on green card with a saber, but only orange backs for Han (no lightsaber). I won't say it never occured, but I just can't seem to find any online. I have also had "card flashbacks," soloforever, where I really thought a certain figure or toy came with some accessory/was on a card type/had an offer included/etc.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

There were also a few screw ups in the POTF2 line. I have one of those Princes Leia collection two pack figures with the Yavin ceremony Luke that has Han Solo's head. I bought it new at a TRU, (mint on mint card) thinking it would be worth millions of dollars. Turns out, factory screw ups are usually worth less than retail....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by soloforever View Post
    Sebilla, I could have sworn when I was growing up I saw a Green Back POTF 2, Han solo in hothgear with luke's lightsaber. I tried to research but nothing comes up. Strange why they didnt come out with one for him, until the Saga Collection
    They released a Hoth Han Solo figure for the POTF2 line in 1996 on the standard "orange cards." He was also released again (with hood up this time) as a pack-in figure for the TaunTaun in 1998. Neither version ever came with a lightsaber. The first time Han Solo was released with a lightsaber was for the Saga line in 2003.

So, the most likely explanations for what you are remembering would be either some kind of crazy factory error, a custom fan-made carded figure, or just a distorted memory.

The third option is not intended to be an insult. Everybody's memories get distorted and warped over time, it's inevitable and can't be stopped unless you take proactive measures to preserve your memories as they happen (eg: writing a journal, photographs, etc.). I've had memories of events that took place years apart get lumped together and it was only after extensive effort after the fact that I was able to separate the two memories.

Another option would be a swapper, someone who buys one figure, swaps it out in the package for a different figure, then returns it to the store for a full refund - in effect, getting the new figure for free while getting rid of an older figure from their collection. However, those instances usually involve replacing a newer figure with an older figure, not the other way around. I can't see why someone would buy a POTF2 Han Solo only to swap him out with the superior Saga Hoth Han; but I guess anything is possible.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis