Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Article: The Phantom Menace Named 2nd Worst Summer Blockbuster

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They're full of crap. TPM is a fantastic movie. I can name oodles much worse than it.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Aside from Waterworld, most of the movies on that list were weaker than TPM. If nothing else, GIJoe: The Rise of Cobra, Transformers, and the other two Star Wars prequels should've "beat" TPM.

Can something from this summer (2011) really fit on an "all-time" list already? Howard the Duck should be higher.

Just read their list. I say 'Eff 'em!" They picked a list of films that got a lot of heat online and that would be easy to continue to pick on. I could argue with the writer on a number of points but why bother? Moving on...

There were far worse films on that list, no way TPM should've been #2.

Time for Stilla to jump in with his comments on the prequels....

ohh thats right he isn't around here anymore :mybad:

Battlefield Earth should have been number 1. I don't understand how TPM is on this list yet ATOC is not.

I can only assume they're measuring expectations against results. In that case, TPM should be #1 and the first Matrix sequel should be #2. The first new Star Wars film in 16 years and it's "Are you brain dead?" and Jar Jar and that weird Radiant VII captain woman and "Yippee!" and so much bizarrely-disconnected acting? I can see why it ranked so high on their list, it's a touchstone for bloated movies with too many bad ideas against too much hype for something fantastic. Even if you love it, you have to see it's got a lot of those faults.

I saw Speed 2 and Batman & Robin on the same day, in that order, seeing Speed 2 first made B&R far less awful by comparison.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I saw Speed 2 and Batman & Robin on the same day, in that order, seeing Speed 2 first made B&R far less awful by comparison.
    That you're still alive today can be nothing short of a miracle.

Was "Titanic" considered a "summer blockbuster" or was it a "for the love of God will they ever stop screening this thing" blockbuster?