Hybrid View

Republic Attack Shuttle

My brother found one for me at Target and I got around to putting it together last night. While its not as exciting as the AT-AT or BMF, I think its a good vehicle that will appeal to collectors or kids. Its has a very solid feeling to it. I kinda thought that the detaching cockpit would be rather loose, but thats not a problem at all. The wings attach very solidly to the body(a little too well). I couldn't figure out how to move the wings up and down at first. I thought it was similiar to the imperial shuttle, so I was looking for the button. Well, there isn't one for that. You pull them up and down by hand. They basically lock(very well) into the landing, playset, and flight modes.

The playset feature I think kids will enjoy alot. I prefer to have it set up in just the shuttle mode and load it down with troops and equipment. I think it works well in both modes.

There are plenty of phrases and sound effects to make any kid happy. The only lights it has are inside the cargo bay. I kinda wished the engines would have lit up.

An assembly note: I had a heck of a time getting the wings to snap into place. It takes a fair amount of force and you're pushing it down at an awkward angle. I found that the best thing to do is loosen the screws on the wing where it attaches to the main body, push it on, and tighten the screws back up. Those puppies should never fall off.

At $80, its a decent value. The CW Y-Wing was $70 a few years back and you weren't getting the electronics and all the other features this thing has.

I saw this at Target last week and went ahead and got one. It wasn't something that I figured I would get, but it looked like it had a lot of cool features, and it has seen a fair amount of use in the series. So, even though I've not got much from the Clone Wars other than basic figures (and finding new ones of those hasn't been happening), I went ahead and bought it. No room to display it, though, so for now it will remain in the box.

TRU.com is having a one day 20% off sale. I just got this for 63.99 and free shipping (thanks to also buying a booster seat.) I'm sure Target will probably have it for 49.99 before too long, but what the heck, might as well get it now from all the good things I've heard about it. The worst case scenario is I hate it (like I've hated the jedi speeder and the new republic artillery cannon) and it will go straight to my oldest son (who turns 4 today :I'm feeling old: )

Good thinking on the 20% off. I don't have the scratch or I'd probably also pull the trigger on that.

You hate the Jedi Turbo Speeder? How come?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Good thinking on the 20% off. I don't have the scratch or I'd probably also pull the trigger on that.

You hate the Jedi Turbo Speeder? How come?
    To me, it's just way too non-detailed, stylistically (sp?) exagerated, and cartoony to fit in with the rest of the Star Wars toys I have. It just looks like it doesn't belong. I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of the Clone Wars figures either.

I see. That's how I feel about most of the prequels too. To me, the Jedi Turbo Speeder has the Coruscant aesthetic so I can allow it under that guise. Plus, it looks way better with the sides slid out. But I do understand where you're coming from.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.