Hybrid View

Kithaba and Dr. Evazan cardback photos

Here is a pretty blurry photo of the back of the Proto-Fett card showing the card images for Kithaba and Dr. Evazan:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2559.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	25319

Now, Dr. Evazan's card looks great, but Kithaba's card is essentially just a reversed photo of Barada, Photoshopped to look like Kithaba, then dropped in front of the Sail Barge. What's up with that?

The way I see it, there are three possibilities here:
    1. This is just a rough mock up card, that they needed for the Boba cardback, and it's not necessarily representative of what we will see in stores.
    2. Hasbro really just can't find a single decent photo of Kithaba to use for the card image, so they had to improvise.
    3. This is an awkward "homage" to the amalgamation that was the vintage Barada figure.

#3 is probably the most likely explanation and, if so, then at least all the weirdness is on the cardart and not on the figure this time around. Still, it's kind of funky looking. I'm not saying I hate it and I think it will be an interesting companion piece to my vintage POTF Barada; but why couldn't we just get an actual photo of Kithaba on Kithaba's card?

I wonder if it's even worth asking Hasbro about in the Q&A or if we should wait until we see the actual hi-res images from Hasbro?

In any case, the bizarre saga of vintage Barada/Kithaba action figures just got a new chapter added.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The Dr. Evazan card looks really good. I'm really looking forward getting this one. Hopefully distribution will be better by the time this one comes out.

I think if the hi-res picture of KIthaba is the same as the pic above, it would be a good question to ask. After all, with all the SW resources Hasbro has access too, how hard would it be to get the correct pictures to put on the card.

All I knows is this Evazan looks like he might be worth the wait.

Considering the massive wait (about 20 years for the first figure that sucked, then another 14 years for a resculpt), that's impressive.