Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2012 Season

I find it funny that both local and national news stations are saying things along the lines of "Packer weakness's shown." Those weak points have been there the whole time, its just that the breaks didn't go GB's way for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJ
    Cosmic football karmic balance: 0-13 Indy gets win #1 the same day 13-0 Green Bay loses its 1st
    I'm more upset about Indy winning then GB losing.

On a slightly different note I see the Chargers with their sweet powder blue uniforms are in their typical 'lets make a run for the playoffs' mode.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    On a slightly different note I see the Chargers with their sweet powder blue uniforms are in their typical 'lets make a run for the playoffs' mode.
    Sounds good to me. I know now not to get my expectations up though.

from the online dictionary:

ex·pec·ta·tion   n.

1. the act or the state of expecting: to wait in expectation.
    2. the act or state of looking forward or anticipating.
    3. an expectant mental attitude: a high pitch of expectation.
    4. something expected; a thing looked forward to.
    5. Often, expectations. a prospect of future good or profit: to have great expectations.
    6. a rarity in San Diego
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And apparently God is a Patriots fan more than a Bronco backer.
    Tom Brady is God's nephew after all.

I find it funny that both local and national news stations are saying things along the lines of "Packer weakness's shown." Those weak points have been there the whole time, its just that the breaks didn't go GB's way for a change.

I'm more upset about Indy winning then GB losing.

Green Bay is really banged up. If Rodgers is off, they won't win. Their defense isn't good enough to defeat a team like New Orleans without a great game by Rodgers.

I fully expect the Chargers to win the AFC West. As a Bronco fan, I'm far too used to the late season swoon. 3 out of the last 4 years the Broncos have had a playoff spot all but locked up only to lose the clinching game (0-6). And now this year, the team that stands in Denver's way of a division title is a Kyle Orton led Kansas City Chiefs team. Denver is losing that game. I only hope that they beat Buffalo, K.C. beats Oakland, and Oakland beats S.D.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Green Bay is really banged up. If Rodgers is off, they won't win. Their defense isn't good enough to defeat a team like New Orleans without a great game by Rodgers.
    The O is insane, last week was the first sub par week Rodgers and the boys had, and the D didn't do much of anything. People around here are talking about 18-1, while I think its possible I'll believe it when I see it.

Went to the Bills/Broncos game last night as part of a Christmas gift for my brother. Only 45,000 people at the game, smallest crowd in over 10 years, but what we witnessed was Tebow's worst game as a professional. I am not a huge football fan but it was a nice experience to tailgate, freeze my heiny off on cold bleacher seats, and whoop and holler with the drunken masses.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    but what we witnessed was Tebow's worst game as a professional.
    Worst game so far....
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Haven't they had problems selling out in Buffalo?
    They were Top 10 for attendance from 2006-2009, despite not having a winning record since 2004, and a playoff bound team since the 1999 season. They dropped out of the Top 10 the last 2 seasons, ranking into the bottom third this season.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

So, with tonight's game left for week 16, here's what my New Year's wish list would be for the final weekend:

- Bengals beat Ravens (maybe, since Cincy has a win-and-get-in scenario)
    - Steelers beat Browns (quite possible, this would give Pittsburgh the division and a rest-up bye)
    - Cowboys beat Giants (a stretch, but then they'd get the division)
    - Chiefs beat Broncos (doubtful, ends the Tebow Grace of God tour)
    - Raiders beat Chargers (maybe, Raiders are due for some good times [read: division] for a change)
    - Indy beats Jacksonville (doubtful, but it'd give them a nice 3-game streak to end their awful season)
    - Tennessee beats Houston (possible, and then the Titans would have a winning year)
    - Buffalo beats New England (maybe, with the Pats clinching everything and a cap to what began as a nice story)
    - San Fran beats St. Louis (likely, to give them a bye)
    - Dolphins beat Jets (possible, just to help out Miami's off season)
    - Chicago beats Minnesota (likely, to end at .500)
    - Arizona has a final score versus Seattle (definitely, and whichever has the higher number gets an 8-8 year)
    - Atlanta beats Tampa (maybe, just because)
    - New Orleans beats Carolina (see Atl/TB)
    - Lions beat Pack (maybe, just because '11 Detroit's a nice story and this'll add to it)
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by B-CJ
    - Lions beat Pack (maybe, just because '11 Detroit's a nice story and this'll add to it)
    They are in the playoffs so this game doesn't really matter...although could they get the #5 seed if certain things happen?