Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2012 Season

Look at all those 1-1 teams after week 2, prior to the SNF and MNF games (which will add 2 more). Steelers look like the Steelers we (mostly? ) all know and love.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Well, I guess NFL rules require this statement about the replacement refs...

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    (quote removed due to overuse and lack of originality)
    Look at these 1-2 teams:
    Pittsburgh
    New England
    Green Bay
    Denver
    Detroit

Or these 0-and or and-0 teams:
    New Orleans, Cleveland (0-3)
    Arizona, Atlanta, Houston (3-0)

Somehow, I think the '72 Dolphins will be popping their champagne early this year.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I love the NFL's response. They never said the officials got it right, just that they were right not to overturn it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I love the NFL's response. They never said the officials got it right, just that they were right not to overturn it.
    I don't know whats going on nationally but living in the GB radio "area"...wow, its pretty much all thats been talked about today. #letsomethingelsehappensothenewscyclecanchange

Well, the Steelers survive in overtime at home versus KC, plus losing Big Ben to a throwing shoulder injury is insulting. Next week is Baltimore, too. Go, Big Byron! (for a week or two, I suppose)

It's time for my annual anti-Jets rant. Here goes:

Fire Rex!!
    Fire Tony Sparano!!
    Fire Mike Tannenbaum (the GM)!!
    Move the team to Los Angeles!! okay maybe not that one
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Leftwich did a yeoman's job last night, but I wonder if his obvious injury meant Charlie Batch should've been put in. Considering all the Steelers' injuries, they did a good job; but, now a 2-game deficit in the division isn't good at all.

Batch should have gone in. I haven't been up of Steeler insider information, but why wasn't Batch the backup in the first place? He filled in well for Ben after his suspension last year..
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I think it was purely due to Leftwich's stronger arm; but when your ribs hurt, you can't throw too well, short or long. Wonder who'll end up as their 4th (now 2nd) stringer; is Dennis Dixon unsigned?

Brian Hoyer.