Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2012 Season

So what do the Steelers do with their issues at the QB spot? Why, they sign WR Plaxico, of course. Wonder what JetsAndHeels thinks of that.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

A big, big win in Baltimore today keeps Pittsburgh in the playoff hunt (even the division race, too). If Roethlisberger can come back HEALTHY soon, they have a chance to do some damage as a lower-seeded team (remember that 2005 season?). But California's AFC teams did not help the Steelers, with the Browns and Bengals winning road games.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Just curious what everyone else thinks about the Falcons. I know our schedule has been pretty weak, but i love how the seem to find ways to win almost every game. I'm not convinced we are real contenders yet, but nobody looks dominant this year. If we can get to the playoffs healthy with home field, I think they have as good a shot as anyone.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Quote Originally Posted by QLD View Post
    Just curious what everyone else thinks about the Falcons.
    Today, they looked strong.

Steelers v. Cowboys? Ugh. It's looking harder for them to get into the dance, but they're not done yet.

I hope tonights game holds up. Denver will get a first round by if SF wins...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I hope tonights game holds up. Denver will get a first round by if SF wins...
    Last night's loss vs. Seattle, by craptacular fashion (50-17 L) cemented the Bills 8th consecutive losing season and 13th consecutive season of not making the playoffs.

Now that they are officially out, true to form, they will string together a few meaningless wins to further hurt their draft position. In all of those losing seasons, rarely have they had a Top 5 pick because of outstanding mediocrity. They can't even lose right.

As long as the Patriettes lose, I don't care who wins it all this year.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    ... because of outstanding mediocrity. .
    Is that sort of like jumbo shrimp?

Or a spectacular failure?

Hey LBC, at least you guys don't have a 20-year losing streak and playoff-less streak like the Pittsburgh Pirates, longest in North American pro sports history.

This weekend, if TE Tony Gonzalez, who's worn #88 for his career, catches his first pass for 8 yards and doesn't score, he'll have 88 receptions for 888 yards and 8 TDs this season. Oh, and the Steelers need to beat the Bengals this week to have any chance of The Playoffs.

And Gonzalez messes it up by only catching a NINE yard pass.

But with the Steelers; aaaand end scene. On the post-season, that is. Just win next week to end at .500.