Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: NFL 2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I just gotta say I'm happy with Denver this year. Manning is working out well, much better than Tebow.
    Is he?

I don't care for the Brothers Harbaugh and I don't like Ray Ray either. I'm not a big fan of Darth Hoodie...so I guess Atl and NE with ATL taking it all.

Now that the rules are different, I'm not sure if I want the first OT Super Bowl (but they're not all that different, I guess). But a 2-0 game would be awesome!

Things that haven't happened in a SB. Yet.
    - overtime
    - shutout
    - 4 TD scored
    - coach ejected
    - snow falling ON the field
    - ball hits bird in-flight
    - Stanford band multiple laterals on last play to win the game
    - 2-pt conversion to win game late in 4th qtr
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

We haven't had a fifth down either.
    We will probably have the snow fall next year.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Now that the rules are different, I'm not sure if I want the first OT Super Bowl (but they're not all that different, I guess). But a 2-0 game would be awesome!

- overtime
    - shutout
    - 4 TD scored
    - coach ejected
    My thoughts on the chances of that happening next weekend...

Maybe.
    Nope.
    Do you mean 4 by the same guy? Doubt it.
    I'm hoping for a double ejection!
    Nope.
    Also doubtful.
    Since I haven't heard that Stanford will or will not be there I can't really comment.
    That'd be pretty cool, but I doubt that will be the case.

Pro Bowl! Yeah! Woo-hoo!

[waits...]

I predict the Bayou Crickets will beat the Oakland Apathetics in this "all-star" "game" today. After Manti Teo does the coin flip. Or does he...?

It was kinda cool years back; now it stinks. Why? #1: moved from after the Super Bowl when fans or players might actually care about one more pro football game, instead of the who-cares feeling before the bigger game, and when several of the top players are out (playing in the SB in a week, just lost the conference title game, became "injured" somehow, etc.). #2: salaries are so high that the "measly" $50K for winning isn't motivation to play hard anymore (if you're so worried about injuries, don't let players out of your sight ever: at home [video cameras], on vacation [hire a PI], doing anything physical anywhere [hire a valet or bodyguard], going out to clubs or anyplace where they might meet another human being [contracts specifically prohibit]). C'mon.

The Pro Bowl sucks, I'd say its between that and the NHL all star game as to which is the biggest joke in pro sports. For my money baseball's all star game is the best.

I thought moving it to the off week would make it better but the players just don't care anymore. Far too many opt out, the game is a joke and should be dropped.

Interesting non-SB and non-deer antler pro football news: Hall of Fame annoucements (not surprised: J. Ogden and L. Allen; surprised: W. Sapp in, J. Bettis and E. DeBartolo not; about time: C. Carter, B. Parcells), awards (AD for MVP and offensive, easy pick of Watt for defensive, RG3 for rookie).

And for fun, find a lead-in line to fit this ROJ exchange, as it relates to the Brothers Harbaugh:

"I understand. When he comes back, I won't get in the way."
    "No, it's not like that. He's my brother."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    - overtime
    - shutout
    - 4 TD scored
    - coach ejected
    - over a 1/2 hour power outage delay just after halftime
    I have amazing powers of prediction... and ret-con'ing.