Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Regarding last week's ep, I read a post on a WD board from a prison guard with 15+ years experience that the fences at his prison were a heck of a lot studier than the ones at the WD prison. The fences never would've bowed. Found that interesting.

Intriguing ep. Won't reveal more than that.

I don't think those prison fences were designed to withstand the constant pressure of zombie hordes pushing into them for months on end. Plus, there is a lot of suspension of disbelief that is required in any zombie story to begin with. If you can accept that dead, rotting teeth are capable of penetrating human skin (not to mention the layers of clothing surrounding that skin - seriously try biting through a pair of jeans with your healthy teeth), then I don't think it's much of a stretch to accept that hordes of zombies can push down a prison fence.

I think Carol's actions are going to have some interesting consequences in the not too distant future. I wonder how Daryl is going to react when he learns what she's done. Also, I think it's genius that they've found a way to create a situation where the people in the prison feel that they would be safer outside with the zombies.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I think Carol's actions are going to have some interesting consequences in the not too distant future. I wonder how Daryl is going to react when he learns what she's done. Also, I think it's genius that they've found a way to create a situation where the people in the prison feel that they would be safer outside with the zombies.
    I agree. The survivors have created a new society but what are the rules, if any? Are you gonna let Tyrese be judge and jury, or have Carol face a group of her peers?

The flu/plague outbreak is an interesting storyline. Again, they are in a fixed location with limited services (sewage, water, etc...). Something like this was bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    I agree. The survivors have created a new society but what are the rules, if any?
    It'd be interesting to see how they would punish crimes like rape or theft in this new society. I'm wondering if the show will ever touch on that. It doesn't have to be a major plot line, just something that happens on the side. Most likely they'd just put a rapist to death, but theft would probably depend on what gets stolen. I remember reading that, back in the frontier days of the United States, stealing a man's horse was a death penalty offense, because you were essentially condemning a man to die by taking his only mode of transportation. So if somebody stole another guy's car and left him stranded in the middle of nowhere to be walker-bait, then I think that would constitute a death penalty offense.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well, didn't see that coming.

On another board, there was discussion whether Rick should tell the others the truth about Carol. I say yes. Hiding or lying about it would only hurt them more. But it would be a good thing to wait until after the illness is over.

I think Rick made a big mistake about how he handled it with Carol.

Groupthink out there predicts she'll make her way back after Tyrese is settled down and maybe she'll even save the day.

Hopefully, she survives on her own. Andrea did (with Michonne though).

But Carol and Carl are both making stronger decisions than Rick (like Shane did).

Darrel is also a leader in the group but he's been fortunate so far and hasn't had to make any controversial decisions. He handled the drinker (Brad?) fairly and didn't beat him or banish him.

"Brad(?)" will either learn to never make that mistake again, or what it means to cross Darrel.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Carol made a good point about Rick. He wants to be the gentleman farmer, which he can't. He can farm, but he has to be able to step in and kill walkers. He's hesitant, too.

I'm pretty confident that Carol will be back sooner rather than later. Remember Darryl left the group to go running around in the woods with his brother last season, but that only lasted for one episode.

I actually believe that Rick banished Carol for her own safety more than anything else.

Found this to be an uneven ep. While it was interesting to see what happened to the Gov, it really dragged to the first commercial break. Thought the scenes in the nursing home were great.

Also found the Gov's portrayal interesting: depressed about losing Woodbury, lost with no real purpose until he found the family. Regaining some of his edge, his old self in the nursing home, and then coming full-circle in the woods.

I'm glad they took the time to develop the Governor's character a bit more. Now he doesn't seem as two-dimensional as he was starting to become at the end of last season. I find it very interesting that he might actually be going to the prison to ask for Rick's help and not necessarily to burn the place down.