Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 196
  1. #141
    Scratch that. Just when I thought they might be trying to turn the Governor into a good guy.

    Anyways, has anyone heard anything about the upcoming spin-off show that's scheduled for 2015? There is a lot of potential there, I think, especially if they set it on the other side of the country. Someplace that's geographically very different from Georgia. Also, I really hope it's not a prequel.

  2. #142
    Never heard about this before.

    Erie places to set it would be in the redwood forest or amongst a colony of Americans that fled the zombie apocalypse to Baja California and Mexico.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Never heard about this before.

    Erie places to set it would be in the redwood forest or amongst a colony of Americans that fled the zombie apocalypse to Baja California and Mexico.
    Yeah, here's one of the stories about it:
    http://tvline.com/2013/09/16/walking...spin-off-2015/

    I think they would try to keep the show inside the US to keep production costs down. I'm actually hoping for the Albuquerque, New Mexico area. They just concluded the series Breaking Bad which was set there, so films crews would be familiar with the area and it's a radically different environment compared to Georgia. Either that or someplace up north, like Minnesota or even the New England area. As long as it doesn't feel like the show is just down the road from Rick and the gang.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Scratch that. Just when I thought they might be trying to turn the Governor into a good guy.

    Anyways, has anyone heard anything about the upcoming spin-off show that's scheduled for 2015? There is a lot of potential there, I think, especially if they set it on the other side of the country. Someplace that's geographically very different from Georgia. Also, I really hope it's not a prequel.
    The Gov is back and in charge. You can count on the Gov to bring a tank to a gunfight. ; )

    Just a lot of speculation as to what the spin-off is about: new group, how the military handled the initial outbreak. The possibilities are endless at this point.

  5. #145
    Well the mid-season finale made up for the slower eps this season.


    SPOILERS....







    Hate to see Hershel go. I caught a couple of minutes of Talking Dead afterward, and Chris Hardwick made a good point: Hershel was the group's moral compass. He replaced Dale in that role after Dale died. Who's gonna replace Hershel, if anyone, in that role?

    But I'm glad Michonne got her revenge with the Gov.

    Nice slugfest withWe Rick and the Gov.

    These changes are going to propel the show into a new and interesting direction. But we have a lot of unanswered questions: where's Judith? (I don't think she's dead.) Will we see anymore of the Gov's fractured group? Is the second part of season 4 gonna be band on the run? We have to wait until February.

  6. #146
    SPOILERS CONTINUE…









    Yeah, sucks to see Hershel killed; but it was a pivotal death for the show, meaning that nothing is going to go back to the way it was after that.

    I do believe he was the moral center of the group and I liked how they showed him returning to his faith in the third season after his convictions were so seriously shaken in season 2. I don't think there will be a new moral center considering how Rick's group is essentially scattered to the winds right now, I think survival at all costs is going to be their only concern for the rest of the season.

    Definitely good to see the Governor killed off. When Michonne ran him through and then walked off, I was worried because I thought someone was going to drag him away and he'd recover to harass the group again later. However, I'm glad they put an end to his story once and for all.

    It seems that Lilly, the Governor's girlfriend, and Tara, her sister, are the only ones who survived from the Governor's group. I wonder if we'll see what happens to them next or if they'll join up with some of the prison refugees.

    Also, I loved the scene with Lizzie and the rest of the kids. Having kids walking around carrying guns for protection is one of those major television taboos and it's good to see that the writers are willing to push that envelope over and over again. Now I'm wondering if Lizzie is going to start her own group of zombie-killing tykes.

    I also find it interesting how Carol indirectly saved Tyrese's life in this episode, through Lizzie's actions.

    So was that a dissected rat that Tyrese found just before all the crap hit the fan? What was inside Bob's shoebox? Who all was in the bus when it drove off? So much stuff to resolve in the next half of the season. February can't come soon enough.

    And I agree that Judith isn't dead. I think she drove too much of the plot in season 2 and 3 (before and after she was born) for them to just kill her offscreen like that.

  7. #147
    More SPOILER talk....









    I'm thinking Lizzie or one of Carol's other girls dissected the rat. My initial guess was Carl, but that's too obvious.

    I also think Lizzie or one of the girls has Judith. You know, girls have to stick together.

    Lilly and Tara are two interesting loose ends.

    Favorite part (which I first forgot to mention): Darryl using a walker as a shield to shoot the attackers. Classic!

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    More SPOILER talk....









    I'm thinking Lizzie or one of Carol's other girls dissected the rat. My initial guess was Carl, but that's too obvious.

    I also think Lizzie or one of the girls has Judith. You know, girls have to stick together.

    Lilly and Tara are two interesting loose ends.

    Favorite part (which I first forgot to mention): Darryl using a walker as a shield to shoot the attackers. Classic!
    Now that I've had some time to think about it, I wonder if Michonne has Judith. I think that scene in the prison from a few episodes back, where Michonne was holding Judith, was put there to build up to something.

    I also wonder if things would have gone down differently if Carol had still been at the prison. Would she have fired the first shot and attempted to kill the Governor on sight?

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

    I think they would try to keep the show inside the US to keep production costs down. I'm actually hoping for the Albuquerque, New Mexico area. They just concluded the series Breaking Bad which was set there, so films crews would be familiar with the area and it's a radically different environment compared to Georgia. Either that or someplace up north, like Minnesota or even the New England area. As long as it doesn't feel like the show is just down the road from Rick and the gang.
    If the spin-off show is about some of the other survivors from the prison, then it might be set local. Or they could get a boat and go off into the Caribbean and have rasta-zombies!

    This would be great for any writers under the influence.

    What I would really like is for a show to focus on finding a cause and a cure for the zombie apocalypse. A CDC show like the episode they had with Jenner (the actor is now on The Americans on FX about Washington D.C. and FBI vs KGB agents during the Reagan years of the Cold War - really good by the way OC74151 - though you probably watch it already since we're clones. - and btw, does that make my OC74152? Or was I taken out of my maturation chamber first? I mean it could have been premature as I spend a ton of Imperial credits on action figures which signals to many I may have still not matured.)

    On Kamino I think that stands for O[/B}riginalCommander, 74th Regiment. So on what planet are you deployed?

    My job is inspecting the dancers in Ziro The Hutt's lair on Coruscant to make sure none of the hotties are Jedi who escaped Order66. I take them out for a ride in my TurboTank while I interview them


    Anyway, back to Walking Dead...


    I would vote no on New Mexico, BigBarada. Were you also a fan of Breaking Bad? OC surely was.

    I loved that show. I just want a new setting. But it would be funny to see the guy who was Walt's boss at the carwash all zombified with those huge eyebrows.

    Gus would pretty much look like he did in his last episode though.

    But I really would like to see scientists try to find out what caused and what would cure the zombie apocalypse. It could be somewhere so distant from Rick, that the environment he deals with wouldn't be changed so his show could go on.

    [QUOTE=bIGbARADA]Now that I've had some time to think about it, I wonder if Michonne has Judith. I think that scene in the prison from a few episodes back, where Michonne was holding Judith, was put there to build up to something.

    I also wonder if things would have gone down differently if Carol had still been at the prison. Would she have fired the first shot and attempted to kill the Governor on sight? [/b]

    Michonne having Judith is a great idea.

    Since WaterWorld and before and after that, back to the Jesus Christ legend, and that was borrowed from "virgin births by gods" in old mythology (and suggested it be employed for Star Wars with Anakin as well), "A child will find the way."

    Perhaps Judith's blood contains the cure, or children are immune to the disease since they didn't get the original strain when everyone else did?

    Walkers will eventually decay beyond surviving as Walkers, though new ones will turn all the time until everyone born before Judith is has died - and reanimated - and died again. That's where I see this heading though I don't think the comic has ever done that. It's just a stereotype that fits and is familiar mythology that is the easiest thing to sell to the fans without putting too much thought into it.

    Now had Carol ever met the Governor? Depending upon what she knew and believed, and if she'd assessed the situation for herself (?) she would have shot first.





    Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    stuff OC was saying....
    Darryl couldn't realistically use a decaying walker body as a shield against automatic gunfire. If they thought the walker was still up, even if Darryl wore Kevlar, they'd be going for headshots on the walkers. It was cool, but I try not to think about it since that wouldn't work.

    As to Lizzie, the oldest of the girls:

    It had me thinking she should be in Episode 7 as Allanah Solo! She's perfect for Jacen's daughter.

    Lauren Cohan might even be a cool warrior woman Empress Jaina Fel. Her British accent might be good to use too, because Jaina Solo was born on Coruscant IIRC.

    Not sure how old Lauren is in real life, but Jaina should be around 32 to match up correctly with Mark, Carrie, and Harrison's ages (approximately).

    Then they will NOT be re-making any EU books for 7, 8, & 9, but the continuity would be preserved.

    BIGBARADA: remind me - I have some money to send you for your comic book finally! I'll probably get to it later today or tomorrow. I'll have to check our PM to see if you left me your PayPal account info.


    The rest of the rat dissection thing I don't get. Maybe Carol was trying to learn about anatomy and medicine? Now that the prison's broken up, I wonder if we'll ever know? To tie up plot strings is good, planned writing though. But so is sometimes leaving an "empty death."

    Who had an "empty death" in one of my favorite programs? Oh - I think it was Tasha Yar in ST: TNG. That was her line to justify going over to the Enterprise C and dying with the ship so Picard would let her leave her own ship (the Enterprise D when she had a chance to undo history - great episode "Yesterday's Enterprise."

    Yes, I loved the girls using the guns.

    I also like the idea of the world coming unraveled with no moral compass and showing how people and city-states survive. Very interesting.

    But I loved Herschel. That was the best Talking Dead with Scott Wilson and Lauren Cohan after the show. She was crying because her TV dad's character died and I loved Maggie and Beth's reaction, pouring on the rapid-fire when Herschel went down.

    I wonder if his severed head re-animated.

    The flood victim zombie that came out of the ground and bit the child was awesome! It really hurt when the girl died.

    I guess it was the Governor being true to his character that he lost it and started firing before he knew. To have him react that way after he saw the girl's body would be a very symmetrical parallel to Maggie and Beth's reaction and I don't think Kirkman wanted to show Maggie and Beth having anything in common with the Governor.

    They did discuss on Talking Dead how the writers decided who would kill The Governor: it was decided it would be Michonne but with a great fight for Rick. And Lilly fired the final shot. In the comics, Kirkman said Lilly killed her boyfriend / Governor. But you know, Maggie and Glenn had a core to settle with him, too.

    On Star Trek DS9 - my favorite - you had this situation where Gul Dukat;

    - was Sisko's nemesis
    - kept Kira's mom as a sex slave and always sexually harassed Kira (the daughter) too - and tried to kill Kira
    - murdered Jadzia Dax - who was Worf's wife!

    The Walking Dead writers discussed it should be a 1-2-3 kill (Rick, Michonne, Lilly) and it was done great!

    DS9 should have done that with probably Worf making the likely fatal blow, but Sisko could still sacrifice himself to "fulfill his destiny for the Prophets" by taking Dukat out with him and into oblivion.

    Kira needed to be in on that arse-kicking too. She's the weakest, so she might not be able to finish him, but stop him from killing Sisko - then Sisko comes back to dive into Dukat, right as Worf delivers a killing blow.

    Sorry for the Trek stuff here, but if you guys like Trek, and ever thought of it as "guys wearing primary color shirts with no blood stains," you need to go back and watch "Dark Trek" - or DS9 and see where it goes. Best Star Trek to this date still!

    Meanwhile, Judith is probably Shane's child. I believe in the comics, Carl is Rick's only child. This lets Judith live and stays with the comics even though the show deliberately doesn't do that.

    Also, if Carol - and Darryl, Maggie, and Glenn were not regular comic characters, this lets fan-favorites live and "go somewhere else," so they could come back as recurring characters.

    Is the Governor really dead? BTW? We didn't see Lilly's bullet splatter his brains. I get that they were probably trying to suggest that, but what if she shot Herschel's severed head on the ground, trying to eat "Phillip / Brian?"

    The show is going to change dramatically without the Governor and the prison.

    They might not show who was on the bus.


    Maggie-Glenn-and Beth??? were not.

    Tyrese was not and should be with Lizzie and the girls.

    Where did Darryl go? Will he look for Carol now?

    Rick and Carl are on their own.

    Where is Michonne?

    On Talking Dead, they discussed that the group probably has a contingency plan - like when Herschel's farm got overrun - in case the prison falls.

    They might all meet up for spaghetti Tuesday (on Wednesday) after they escaped.

    They showed the girl Rick found with her husband's head in a bag at the beginning of the season. You guys catch that? She killed herself to turn and be with him forever. But in walker form, she seemed to have forgotten to have a head in a bag. Haha.

    Good catch that Carol training the girls with weapons saved Tyrese's life.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I would vote no on New Mexico, BigBarada. Were you also a fan of Breaking Bad? OC surely was.

    I loved that show. I just want a new setting. But it would be funny to see the guy who was Walt's boss at the carwash all zombified with those huge eyebrows.
    I watched the first season and I think one episode of season 5. I'm more of a fan of the New Mexico climate than I am of the show itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    But I really would like to see scientists try to find out what caused and what would cure the zombie apocalypse. It could be somewhere so distant from Rick, that the environment he deals with wouldn't be changed so his show could go on.
    I'm hoping that's something that isn't touched on for a very long time, if ever. The 'how' and the 'why' of the zombie apocalypse is not really what this show is about. Maybe at some point a resolution will be required, but it would just be unnecessary baggage right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Michonne having Judith is a great idea.

    Since WaterWorld and before and after that, back to the Jesus Christ legend, and that was borrowed from "virgin births by gods" in old mythology (and suggested it be employed for Star Wars with Anakin as well), "A child will find the way."

    Perhaps Judith's blood contains the cure, or children are immune to the disease since they didn't get the original strain when everyone else did?
    I didn't say that Judith was the "chosen one," I just said I didn't think she was dead. In fact, trying to turn her character into some kind of "messiah" would ruin the entire show. So, not sure why you are bringing that up other than the fact that you know I'm a born-again believer in Jesus Christ and you think referring to the Son of God as a "legend" will push my buttons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Now had Carol ever met the Governor? Depending upon what she knew and believed, and if she'd assessed the situation for herself (?) she would have shot first.
    She knew enough about him from Maggie and Andrea but she never saw him face to face. Which made me wonder if she would recognize the Governor if she had run into him after her banishment from the prison. A moot point now, obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    BIGBARADA: remind me - I have some money to send you for your comic book finally! I'll probably get to it later today or tomorrow. I'll have to check our PM to see if you left me your PayPal account info.
    Yeah, I've still got a copy set aside for you and you should have my Paypal address, but if not let me know.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO