Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    If Michonne's zombie pets fall over, with no arms, how do they get back up? Does she set them right side up?

I understand it provides cover for her so other Walkers can't sniff her out, but are they really practical?
    LOL, I had never thought about that. Maybe if they fall down, she just makes new ones.

I think it's something that looked great on a comic book page, but I'm not sure how practical it would be in reality. I'll give it some time to see if they explain how the work.

One thing I didn't like about the premiere was that the writers seemed to take for granted that the audience automatically knew who Michonne was. Hopefully, they develop her enough onscreen and don't assume that everyone watching the show has read the comic.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Michonne wouldn't like to get new Zombie pets for a very specific reason.

I don't know if it really spoils anything, because when she explains it, the scene will be somewhat powerful anyway.

But I can tell you if you'd like. I heard it on Talking Dead - the follow-up show AMC puts on after the encore presentation of Walking Dead, so it is "factual and verified" by creater Kirkman since he was the guest on the show who said it.

Like I said, I don't think it spoils the intrigue about Michonne at all - just makes you anticipate this bit of juicy dialogue.

So I'll tell you if you want to know.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If it's just related to the identity of those two zombies, then I might already know. Are they former family members?

This will be the first season that I watch the Talking Dead. I didn't have cable last year, so I was buying all of the Walking Dead episodes off of iTunes and didn't get to see all of the supplemental programming.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    If it's just related to the identity of those two zombies, then I might already know. Are they former family members?
    Interesting theory, one I hadn't thought of. That's a possibility. Convenience of not carrying heavy backpacks is what I initially thought.

Michonne's zombie pets are the corpses of her brother and boyfriend.

In that sense, they're not replaceable AND she has never let go of who she was before the Zombie Appocalypse.

I heard Kirkman explain it on Talking Dead.

I think it will be a powerful moment for the actress explaining that to Andrea (? - she probably already knows by now) or some other character.

In a sense, we saw this with Herschel already, but he kept his family members that were turned in his barn.

Michonne's a little bit more creative. She cut off their arms and their jaws. Seeing exactly how she managed that would've been interesting. But maybe she did it when they were still dying, before they reanimated? While they were lying there it would have made it easier.

i suspect the men could have been bitten while defending her, so she kept them around for protection?

However, eventually, they'll decay and fall apart - legs coming off or whatever.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

As to last night's episode, I didn't like that Tomas guy anyway. He seemed like he was going to be trouble right off the bat. I think the other prisoner that Rick locked outside with the zombies might weigh heavily on Rick's conscience in the future, however.

I think I remember something about Michonne's zombies being "zombie repellant" to some degree. Which makes sense. They established in the 2nd episode that zombies are attracted to the living by smell, so having 2 zombies with you would overpower the smell of just one living person... at least from a distance. Obviously, it wouldn't work once you added a second living person.

I just kept waiting for one of the inmates to say, hey, Cactus Bob is a zombie!

I didn't notice Tiny getting bitten at first. I thought the zombie just felt him up.

The darker Rick is interesting, as well as the grown up Carl. It will be interesting to watch this season play out for them.

I don't think the acorn will fall from the tree when it comes to Carl. Certainly the little boy is gone, obliterated.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    I don't think the acorn will fall from the tree when it comes to Carl. Certainly the little boy is gone, obliterated.
    That's true, but I guess it's to be expected in a world like this. I would guess that if Sophia had survived season 2, then she would be right alongside Carl with a gun.

I'm just glad that the show's writers aren't afraid to portray a kid as a ruthless killer. Of course, I think young kids are more likely to become cold-blooded killers if placed in those kinds of situations, because kids don't have as firm of a grasp of the consequences of their actions. An adult would understand the consequences more fully and would be more likely to hesitate in taking a life for the first time.

I liked last Sunday's episode, but it almost felt like I was watching a pilot episode for a completely new TV series. It will be interesting to see what the Governor's motivations are and how he and Rick will inevitably knock heads.