Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    And you're allowed to do that, Tycho. I just found the Sophia thing to just be a couple episodes too long. OC apparently, agrees. Two sides.
    I realize, in the scheme of the show, the search was probably just two or three days, at most.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I realize, in the scheme of the show, the search was probably just two or three days, at most.
    It had to be more than 3 days, I think. They spent at least a day, maybe a day and a half, on the highway before even making it out to Herschel's farm. Then the whole thing with Carl's surgery, he didn't recover from that within just a couple of days. Plus, Shane mentioned how, before the zombies, they would stop looking for a living child and begin looking for a body after the kid had been missing for 3 days. He said that about 2-3 episodes ago.

I'd have to rewatch the entire season to be sure, but I just assumed that the search for Sophia took at least a week, maybe as long as 2 weeks.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I was going to say that Carl's recovery was coming along if it had only been a couple days. I think it was longer than a couple days.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'd have to rewatch the entire season to be sure, but I just assumed that the search for Sophia took at least a week, maybe as long as 2 weeks.
    A week at the most, I'd say.

But again, the first entire season of Lost took place in a month's time.

What I'm sure everyone else is wondering, is will Herschel's chicken population now start to recover since Zombies are no longer eating them?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What I'm sure everyone else is wondering, is will Herschel's chicken population now start to recover since Zombies are no longer eating them?
    Good question! I think Herschel's zombies were eating better than Rick and his crew.

Why do zombies eat? Chicken or other animals, especially?

On one hand, I've heard they bite to spread their disease.

That's why the half-body zombie (bicycle girl) in the first episode wants to bite Rick. She has no stomach to digest food with!

If animals can't get the disease (that we know of) - what's the point in eating Rick's horse (first episode)?

OK - dogs bite and eat anyway. So if a dog or higher predator, like a zoo tiger got bit, and it attacked and ate people, it wouldn't be shocking. Right?

Now here's an idea: if an herbovore like Rick's horse got the disease and started attacking and biting people - that'd be freaky! A carniverous horse! How about a mass of hamsters from a pet store that attack in swarms? Or cows chasing and eating people?

Maybe an animal gets bit but the zombie is killed or interrupted, and the animal survives, gets the disease (or a mutated strand), and starts attacking?!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I do think the zombies bite to eat, but it's not driven by a hunger that can be satisfied. In other words, no matter how much they eat, they are always going to want to eat more. In fact, the drive to eat is probably so all-consuming (no pun intended) that it overrides all other brain activity... or... all other brain activity is dead except for the instinct to eat. However you want to look at it.

It has to be something about living flesh, otherwise the zombies would just eat each other. Maybe it's something about warm blood and once the organism dies and the blood cools, then it is no longer desirable to them.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah. Zombies are weird. They're just not normal people like everyone else.

Obvious? Well Herschel doesn't get it.

If you look at zombies as having a severe brain disease, then everything makes sense. You can't really assign logic to the actions of an insane person, and I think that would work with zombies as well.