Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I liked last Sunday's episode, but it almost felt like I was watching a pilot episode for a completely new TV series. It will be interesting to see what the Governor's motivations are and how he and Rick will inevitably knock heads.
    Funny that you mentioned that, but a buddy told me more or less the same thing the other day. It's like two separate shows right now.

The Govenor is like Shaft: one bad motha. I don't know much about his background; it will be interesting to see how things play out this season.

I also told my buddy that the fall break should be coming up here in another 2 - 3 weeks.

It will be interesting to see .......how he and Rick will inevitably knock heads.
    Did you mean like heads in jars, by that comment, BigB?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Did you mean like heads in jars, by that comment, BigB?
    Well, Rick's fallen a bit behind on his heads-in-jars collection, so that might not be for a while.

Anyways, last night's episode felt like a punch to the gut. Not to give anything away, but I wouldn't have expected an episode like that until the season finale. It makes me wonder just how intense the rest of this season is going to be.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Anyways, last night's episode felt like a punch to the gut. Not to give anything away, but I wouldn't have expected an episode like that until the season finale. It makes me wonder just how intense the rest of this season is going to be.
    I agree. Intense episode indeed!

I do think the scenes with the Govenor could've waited until another ep. Broke the flow just a bit, IMO.

I met the actor who plays T-Dog at a con this summer. Very nice guy.

I am waaay caught up on Walking Dead as of tonight's show.

Awesome!

Did the zombie Rick killed in the boiler room get bloated from consuming Lori? Did they recover her body? Who was placed in the graves? T-Dog? Did they get his body? And was there an empty grave for Carol? We didn't see her get killed or a body. She could still be alive, though I doubt it since the group would go looking for her if they didn't have evidence. Look at what they did for Sophia - and Glenn went looking for Rick...

So I guess the baby turned in Lori's wuomb? So it had to be delivered C-section or it would die, and then turn, and then eat Lori inside out. That would have been awesome to see. A great show for the governor's arena.

On that note, I don't think that fit his pattern. Maybe Meryl's - but not Mr. Rodgers with his dead daughter in the closet.

I really hated him killing the troops. What the hell for?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I am waaay caught up on Walking Dead as of tonight's show.

Awesome!

Did the zombie Rick killed in the boiler room get bloated from consuming Lori? Did they recover her body? Who was placed in the graves? T-Dog? Did they get his body? And was there an empty grave for Carol? We didn't see her get killed or a body. She could still be alive, though I doubt it since the group would go looking for her if they didn't have evidence. Look at what they did for Sophia - and Glenn went looking for Rick...

So I guess the baby turned in Lori's wuomb? So it had to be delivered C-section or it would die, and then turn, and then eat Lori inside out. That would have been awesome to see. A great show for the governor's arena.

On that note, I don't think that fit his pattern. Maybe Meryl's - but not Mr. Rodgers with his dead daughter in the closet.

I really hated him killing the troops. What the hell for?
    Too many questions, Tycho!

I thought the same thing about the zombie Rick killed. Very pausible, indeed. The zombie did feast well.

You'd think they'd make a show of recovering TDog's body, but maybe not. Don't know what's up with Carol. She could still be running/hiding in the prison, but you'd think she'd shown up by now.

It was Thunderdome with a Lynard Skynard soundtrack!

Michonne has a withering stare. Looks like she wants to slap the white off Andrea.

But I think this was a turning point for Andrea. She realizes not all is well in Happy Town.

Merle is a good fit for Happy Town, too.

I'm really bothered about the Carol thing. Where did she go and why does everyone in the prison just assume that she's dead? Although the preview for next episode seems to suggest that they find evidence she's still alive. My thought is that she ran out the door and whoever it was that was watching her practice the C-section on the zombie kidnapped her for some reason. Maybe they assume she is a doctor and can help them in some way.

Otherwise, lots of wonderful brutality in this episode.

I didn't really see the zombie-gladiator games as out of character for the Governor, it reminded me of a UFC event with a zombie twist and I know a lot of otherwise very clean cut guys who love the UFC.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I agree, Carol was not shown dead or even injured, so odds are she could still be alive.

I watched Talking Dead with the director and producer or the show. The Zombie Rick killed that was bloated, had entirely consumed Lori. That's why it couldn't move to get up after Rick. They put some of Lori's hair hanging out of its mouth they said - but it was too dark for me to really pick up on that detail. But the zombie consumed her whole. Gross.

Better yet, a half-naked zombie Lori with her c-sectioned guts hanging open would have been an fx site to see. They had to have discussed doing that - if the bullet meant that Carl couldn't shoot his mom. The kid's 1000 yard stare could have also meant that.

Still, that post-surgery Lori could come back if it's decided that Rick assumed the zombie ate Lori but it actually ate someone else. Hard to imagine since she died in that boiler room and who else had that the zombie would have gorged on?

Why do zombies eat anyway? I hope that one day we'll find out what this whole mystery has been about, but I'd like all these disgusting possibilities explored by the FX department, too.

The thing with the zombie UFC fight was there was plenty of women in the audience watching, I think. Girls do not like that stuff that much and I'm not sure how much it would change (even with the desire for revenge) in the post-zombie-appocalypse world. If you wanted revenge, you'd hang out atop one of the walls and shoot walkers all day. I could see someone like Michonne (almost - but she's more practical than that) doing such a thing.

The thing with the zombie UFC fight was there was plenty of women in the audience watching, I think. Girls do not like that stuff that much and I'm not sure how much it would change (even with the desire for revenge) in the post-zombie-appocalypse world. If you wanted revenge, you'd hang out atop one of the walls and shoot walkers all day. I could see someone like Michonne (almost - but she's more practical than that) doing such a thing.
    Female UFC fans are just as devoted, in some ways even more devoted, than male fans. Most women I know who are interested in the UFC consider the fighters to be the ultimate male sex symbols. It's the same reason that gladiators in ancient Rome were seen as sex symbols by the women of their day.

Female fans actually tend to be more loyal than male fans as well. So they're not as likely to abandon their favorite fighter just because he's lost a couple of fights.

I was wondering how long Rick and the Governor could stay oblivious to each other's existence. Looks like that's going to change pretty soon.

I found myself cursing at the TV at certain moments of tonight's episode and cheering at other moments. I also found myself really rooting for Michonne for the first time, as we finally got to see what she was made of. I think she was being dragged down by Andrea too much (when she wasn't just wandering around Woodberry looking creepy) in the earlier episodes for us to get a good idea of what she is really capable of.

So was there really nobody on the other end of the phone? By the end of the episode, I got the impression that Rick had just been talking to himself the whole time.

Oh yes, and the whole question of "what the heck happened to Carol?" has finally been answered.