Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I was wondering how long Rick and the Governor could stay oblivious to each other's existence. Looks like that's going to change pretty soon.

I found myself cursing at the TV at certain moments of tonight's episode and cheering at other moments. I also found myself really rooting for Michonne for the first time, as we finally got to see what she was made of. I think she was being dragged down by Andrea too much (when she wasn't just wandering around Woodberry looking creepy) in the earlier episodes for us to get a good idea of what she is really capable of.

So was there really nobody on the other end of the phone? By the end of the episode, I got the impression that Rick had just been talking to himself the whole time.

Oh yes, and the whole question of "what the heck happened to Carol?" has finally been answered.
    No mystery about Carol. Glad to see she's survived.

I, too, was glad to see a little Michonne action. Even with a bum leg, I was hoping she'd jump in and help Glen and Maggie.

As for Rick, I thought the calls were real...until names were mentioned. Then I realized it was his imagination kicking in.

Don't know what to think about Andrea. Thought she saw the light last week with the zombie fights, but apparently not.

We're promised some fireworks in the mid-season finale!

Just wanna slap Andrea. Is she the dumbest white girl around? No, wait, that's Lindsey Lohan.

Yeah, definitely looking forward to next week's episode. According to the previews, Daryl learns that Merle is alive; but I honestly have no idea how it's going to play out when they meet again. I don't really see Daryl leaving Rick's group, but Merle doesn't look like he's ready to forgive Rick anytime soon. Also, I highly doubt Rick or any of the others would welcome Merle into their group after what he did to Glenn.

Speaking of Glenn, he really impressed me in this week's episode.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Maggie's really sexy and those scenes titilated as well as played out as violently wicked with the Governor. Would have been great if the show was on HBO in that they would have showed us "more."

So now the series will become a human-war between the residents of Woodbury and the Prison for a little while.

Though fewer in numbers, Rick's rangers have the edge.

From next week's preview, I think Michonne will take care of the Governor's daughter.

Cool to see Mr. Coleman as a freshly turned walker with no sign of decay or injury. I like the experiment with his memory, but we all already knew the outcome. I'm surprised Woodbury would be suprised at anything less.

In any event, we don't need too many walkers like Coleman, because part of the show is seeing blood and gore

*Oh and another thing: the residents might like zombie-fight-nights, but what if some zombie they catch turned up to be somebody's turned relative. I don't think it would be as much fun to watch your family member's re-animated corpse turn up in there.

That should happen one "fight-night" when a member of the audience yells out, "Hey! That's my uncle Wilbur! and Granny? Now Governor - you just wait one minute!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The thing I actually found most interesting about the episode was actually the title. "When the dead come knocking." Because, I don't know if it was intentional, the title really seemed like a reference to the previous time they really focused on the ideals behind the experiment, with zombies possibly remembering their former lives. I'm referring to the season 1 episode in which the black guy's wife was shown to routinely come to the door of their house, stand there for a little while, and eventually start trying to get in. Of course she didn't literally come knocking, so it only applies in a figurative sense, but still. I find it an interesting connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    From next week's preview, I think Michonne will take care of the Governor's daughter.
    Nope, it's gotta be Rick. It's the one job he does well on the show: killing little zombie girls. And, we mustn't deny him the trifecta!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It stinks that we have to wait two months for the next episode. I really don't have any idea how this is going to pan out. Obviously Rick's team is going to want to rescue Daryl, but they can't do that without rescuing Merle as well and I definitely don't see Glenn, Maggie, or Michonne wanting to help Merle in any way.

Also, what's Andrea going to do now? Is she going to hold a grudge against Rick's group for "abandoning" her? After what she's seen with the Governor, I don't know how she could continue to stay with him, but it wouldn't really surprise me if she finds a way to justify staying in Woodberry.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    It stinks that we have to wait two months for the next episode. I really don't have any idea how this is going to pan out. Obviously Rick's team is going to want to rescue Daryl, but they can't do that without rescuing Merle as well and I definitely don't see Glenn, Maggie, or Michonne wanting to help Merle in any way.

Also, what's Andrea going to do now? Is she going to hold a grudge against Rick's group for "abandoning" her? After what she's seen with the Governor, I don't know how she could continue to stay with him, but it wouldn't really surprise me if she finds a way to justify staying in Woodberry.
    The rescue is more for Daryl; Merle is baggage that tags along.

Just wished Michonne jabbed that shard of glass a little deeper into the Gov's eye.

I start my Monday mornings with a cola and the Walking Dead. Now I need to find a new show until February.

Man, I am not happy about the situation with Derryl and Merle. Hopefully, that's not a permanent thing.

Plus, Rick is totally losing his mind now too. If he doesn't get his marbles back, then I don't see him being much of an effective leader anymore. Also, I don't really get why he's pushing Michonne away.

Oh yeah, on Talking Dead, Kevin Smith referred to Carl as "Wyatt Twerp".

Good ep. Rick going off the deep end will play heavily into the remainder of the season, I think.

Darryl will be back; it's just a matter of time. He's too popular of a character.

Wyatt Twerp, I like that. Quick Draw McGraw would be a good one.

I made the mistake of not watching the previous one to reaquaint myself the prior events.

Something to drool over. The upcoming Season 3 Limited Edition Blu-Ray set.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWD-S3-LE-Blu-Ray-560.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	27157
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection