Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    I came away with an unsatisfied feeling. That's it? After such a great season and that's it? I wanted more. Not enough resolution for me, but hey, that's just me. I do want to see this ep again, maybe this week, maybe in a few months, to see if it's more satisfying.

I wanted to see Martinez get it just as bad as the Governor. The Gov is a psychotic egomaniac who can't come back from the edge of insanity after shooting his 'soldiers.'

Really bummed out about Andrea, but wasn't it kinda expected? Such a fighter to go out like that? If it weren't for the stab wound, I kinda expected Milton to take notes about the transformation.

The rest of Woodbury coming back to the prison was natural. Taking them in was the right thing to do.

I agre: Rick needs to be more of a father to Carl next season. When Carol ran off at the end, I half-expected to see him standing next to the fence and get bit.

Now to wait six months.

I was really bothered at the beginning of the episode when it looked like Rick's group was abandoning the prison, so I guess my relief in learning that they had no plans to leave the prison overshadowed any possible disappointments. The show seemed to have a trend going. At the end of season 1 they were forced out of the CDC. At the end of season 2, they were forced to abandon the farm. So I'm glad they weren't forced to leave the prison, because it would have started to make the show feel too predictable. Now that I've just typed all that out, I realize that the writers were obviously playing off of that audience expectation.

Also, the one character I was really beginning to dislike through season 3 was Rick. He started out the season as an oppressive jerk. Then went crazy when Lori died and started alienating people left and right; so he started to become a liability to the group (Oscar died as a direct result of Rick's hallucinations). But now it seems that he's snapped out of it and is starting to go back to the character that I had so much respect for in seasons 1 and 2.

The only thing I wish we had seen was some kind of hint about where the Governor went after gunning down all of his people, since he obviously didn't got back to Woodbury right away. I really hope we get to see his reaction when he returns to Woodbury and it's a ghost town.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I might have stayed in Woodbury if I was used to that. If you lived there why would you want to abandon that and come to live in the prison?

Now if I were already living at the prison and made it my home, I'd stay there.

They didn't explain something. Maybe it's a temporary evacuation of people who fear the governor will return?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I might have stayed in Woodbury if I was used to that. If you lived there why would you want to abandon that and come to live in the prison?

Now if I were already living at the prison and made it my home, I'd stay there.

They didn't explain something. Maybe it's a temporary evacuation of people who fear the governor will return?
    Well, if the place is being run by a murderous sociopath, who cares how comfortable it is? It's possible that some of them also had loved ones who had just been gunned down by the Governor; so, I don't see any reason why they would want to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    The Governor is definitely coming back next season.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-dea...015818478.html
    I didn't know Sasha was supposed to be Tyreese's sister, I just assumed it was his wife. Maybe I missed a bit of dialogue somewhere? Also, I thought Beth was already a series regular.

Anyways, it's not the most shocking bit of news, but it's good to see that it's official.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I didn't gather that the Governor is coming back to Woodbury.

Obviously he is coming back to the show - but even that doesn't mean he's going to re-settle in Woodbury.

I do think you are correct: some people don't want to stay there for fear he'll return or because he killed their loved ones.

Two school busses would not transport all of Woodbury's residents to the prison though.

Meanwhile, they should not just open Woodbury to walkers (biters in their terms) and abandon it. It's too nice.

If you could somehow barricade your own (hopefully pleasant) neighborhood in the Zombie Appocalypse, you might prefer staying at home versus moving into a yucky prison.

However, the prison is safer and more secure. I really wonder how they are keeping (even backup generator) power and water running. They should visit a nuclear power plant or something in some episode. Maybe a water district building.

Or talk about shower rationing or toilet usage - not to mention drinking water aquisition.

It'd actually be amusing to see an armored truck delivering Arrowhead or Sparkletts.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think they said in one of the episodes that there were 70 people in Woodbury. 5 were killed in the raid to rescue Glenn and Maggie, so that's 65. Then 8 more where killed by Merle's attack. So that drops it down to 57, or 56 if you count Merle. Then subtract Andrea and Milton: 54. Then the Governor, Martinez and that third guy that ran off after the massacre: 51.

Then subtract the number of people that the Governor (and Carl) gunned down after the prison attack and there were probably only about 30-40 people left in Woodbury at the most. A school bus can hold up to 65 children, if everyone is sitting three to a seat; but that's not counting how many people you can sit on the floor.

So, I think it's completely plausible that they could have fit the remainder of Woodbury inside the vehicles they had available.

The first ep was a little slow but built up to the second one.

I caught a little of Talking Dead afterward. Greg Nicotero was on, and he had some interesting input about #2's storyline. I'll stay spoiler-free for those who haven't watched yet.

I think it's an interesting development to the story. It's not something that you would immediately expect, but if you really think about it, it totally makes sense: no running water which forces people to return to primitive hygiene practices and rotting dead bodies around every corner. Pretty much the perfect conditions for a plague.