Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I don't think this is a line that the show will cross, since the characters still need to be appealing to an audience where those morals are still very much in place. I know it seems kind of strange when we have a show that features so much graphic violence, but showing a grown man becoming sexually involved with an underage girl would be crossing the line for many people in the audience.
    I would reluctantly agree (sort of).

I don't know how old Maggie's younger sister is supposed to be. If Maggie was supposed to have been college age, I take it that her sister was at least 15-16 when we met her, and will be the "audience approved" legal age as the show progresses if she survives being eaten by walkers.

That being said, "legal age of consent" in Georgia is 16, but yeah, you are correct in what the show would allow for a cross-state audience where most viewers live in an 18-and-up environment.

Next, though, true to the characters, Darryl might be interested for "a man's physical need," but this girl who's not a natural fighter / survivor would not really be his type. That's what attracted Darryl to the growing strength shown by Carol, and also having more in common with Carol's more country simpleton background (OK - I was going to say white trash) versus Herschel Greene's family members (yes country) but more formal, religious, background.

The only way it would happen is if the younger Greene sister decided she wanted to seduce Darryl. He's got his own code of honor it seems and would protect her (maybe even reluctantly since she's not up to his caliber as a fighter) but would not initiate.

If the youngest Greene survives for longer on the show (and she's not that interesting IMO - not compared to Maggie for sure!), then maybe.

It would return us to the inverse of when Rick comes back to find Shane with Laurie.

Instead, Carol returns to find Beth with Darryl.

Not as interesting I think - but maybe since Carol has taken it upon herself to take "Shane steps" to protect the group from those that were sick and would turn.

She has to have a reckoning with Tyrese first.

But finally, if the Zombie Appocalypse were realistically portrayed to its greatest extent, people would hook up because their partners would be "the last person on earth...." LOL
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What an episode!! Shocking! WOW!!!

Not gonna say anything else until everyone's had a chance to watch.

It seems that most of season 4 was building up to this one episode. Now that all of the secrets have been revealed, I'm wondering what's left for the last two episodes to do aside from reunite the cast and set up season 5? I guess it would be nice to know what happened to Beth, too.

Definitely a great episode though. I thought the mid-season finale was the best episode of the season so far, but this one definitely trumps it and is probably one of the best episodes of the entire series.

I agree.

I love it when cable shows leave no holds barred and address some serious issues like they are here.

1) mental illness cannot be coddled to in a dog-eat-dog survivalist world. The defenseless / innocent have to be protected, but there's no where to hospitalize or leave the disturbed to be cared for. Abandoning / banishing them might prove impossible.

The difference between the two characters in that shocking scene couldn't be greater. Each were killers. Tyrese saw that the one he thought he'd hate was actually the one that was sane!

Great exploration of this duality.

2) For whatever reason, blood, guts, and violence can go "adult" but complicated sexual issues can't be taken too far (notable exception with The Governor and Andrea - full soft-nudity and Maggie - threatened but never-acted-upon rape).

The issue with Beth should be fully explored. Age of consent has no meaning in this world and while that age varies in the United States between various states from 13 with parent approval - Kentucky - to 18 in general with I believe a handful at 16 - Beth is 17 btw - there is no government in Walking Dead. All that is over. Age of Consent is law (true) but set around "advised arbitress" because individuals mature differently. Beth is all over the map like most young people - wants to try drinking in the other episode, etc.

All of them have to use guns and kill walkers and often even the living that prey on others - like the Governor's armies or individuals that go bad.

I hope Beth is not being held hostage and abused by some marauding band of men (like the group Darryl's infiltrated but surely won't stay with). If she hooks up with Darryl when he finds her (and he's 20 years or more older I imagine?) that's alright. Darryl is a good person if "different because of his upbringing."

Walking Dead should address that - and as well - if they want to get really warped - sex with walkers (uh - new ones, not decayed ones - gross!!! - but gross anyway). And this would only be done by someone mentally twisted but in a manner where they are not bitten or scratched.

Finally, I think Judith will not turn. Why? It's the whole "A child will find us the way" type of thing - like WaterWorld but playing off of the whole Baby Jesus thing, too.

Humanity's hope for beating the dead-plague is probably that kids CONCEIVED after the apocalypse don't turn. Judith won't. Karl will.

So I'd have this sick doctor - like Mendel the Nazi doctor, killing babies to see if they'll turn. Rick or Michonne - or Carol - will have to put him down. But he'll be like "Yeah - newborns don't carry the disease any more. I've killed 26 of them so far and none of them has turned."

They say that Nazi medicine based on experiments on living prisoners furthered science. Walking Dead should take a (sick) page from that.

It doesn't ruin the show by "curing" the zombie apocalypse. It doesn't change anything, since they want to protect Judith anyway and still have to survive. They can pursue "cures" so adults won't turn from Atlanta to el Dorado if it furthers the show. Maybe even try to use Judith's blood to make a cure. They won't discover immortality though.

actually, an experiment to achieve immortality could also be how all this got started. That would be interesting comparing it to religion and how some people want an eternal life in their perfect form. This instead of it being bio-warfare, a government accident, an act of terrorism, or an alien affliction from an extra-terrestrial source.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    1) mental illness cannot be coddled to in a dog-eat-dog survivalist world. The defenseless / innocent have to be protected, but there's no where to hospitalize or leave the disturbed to be cared for. Abandoning / banishing them might prove impossible.

The difference between the two characters in that shocking scene couldn't be greater. Each were killers. Tyrese saw that the one he thought he'd hate was actually the one that was sane!

I hope Beth is not being held hostage and abused by some marauding band of men (like the group Darryl's infiltrated but surely won't stay with). If she hooks up with Darryl when he finds her (and he's 20 years or more older I imagine?) that's alright. Darryl is a good person if "different because of his upbringing.
    Lizzie lost her grasp of reality long before this season started. BigBarada's right: this season has been building to something shocking/disturbing/thought-provoking as this episode. Herschel's death was shocking but not as this. Herschel was a fan-fave, and you half-expected something to happen to him. But Lizzie and Mika? No. Their deaths were out of the blue.

The Beth storyline is interesting. I see Beth's relationship with Darryl more of a crush than romance. They need each other to survive, and not in the romantic/sexual sense. As to whom the friendly stranger in the black sedan is, I dunno. Part of me wants to say it was a kind-hearted soul helping her out, but the other part of me wants to think it was more devious. And I don't know if it will be resolved with just two eps left this season.

Darryl and the marauders. Surprised with having seen more groups like this. And I'm basing that on movies like the Road Warrior and the post-apocalyptic literature out there. They're out there, but just haven't seen them.

I hope that doesn't mean they (and Darryl) will start dressing in bondage leathers like the Mad Max movies.

Then if some die, there will be bondage zombies.

No. Let's not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I hope that doesn't mean they (and Darryl) will start dressing in bondage leathers like the Mad Max movies.

Then if some die, there will be bondage zombies.

No. Let's not go there.
    Admit it, Tycho: you want to see the redneck version of Humongous.

I have to admit, I got a little verklempt during the Maggie and Glenn reunion.

From what I've read, Terminus wasn't in the comics but something created for the show. But what is it? Hmmm, inquiring minds want to know. I have a few ideas.

Still think there's a lot of loose ends to wrap up in one ep. Thinking it won't happen.

And I have a hard time thinking that the man with the mullet is the savior of the zombie outbreak.

Porter, The mullet man is a fraud. Abraham is just not a thinker so he follows him

Intense episode. A few clues as to what Terminus is.

I won't say more than that, give everyone else a chance to watch.

I hope Carl didn't eat any of the BBQ that Tasha Yar gave him before Rick caught on.